• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

SlewMaster Project Boards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Some more have shipped...

kindhornman - 4x IPS (CFA-XH), 2x 5P OPS - Request Acknowledged, Temporarily On Hold
quan - 2x IPS (Symasui), 2x 2P OPS - Shipped
mrsavage - 6x IPS (Symasui), 6x 2P OPS, 6x 5P OPS - Request Acknowledged
arthur - 6x IPS (Symasui), 8x 2P OPS - Shipped
gwrskein - 4x IPS (Symasui), 4x 2P OPS - Shipped
chat72 - 2x IPS (CFA-XH), 2x 5P OPS - Request Acknowledged
rohot01 - 2x IPS (Symasui) - Shipped

Hi Jason, how are you doing with the new CM for >55V?.
Quan

On a bit of a hiatus due to the lack of choice in low RdsON MOSFETs, in both polarities, with voltage ratings much over 60V, especially in through hole parts that can stand some dissipation. But I'm not asking for much :rolleyes:.

I'm also thinking of switching gears somewhat and looking to see if a nice standardized PSU can be created for the SlewMaster series. Here instead of a full CM supply I would go for rail cut-off on fault. This makes parts selection wider since the pass MOSFETs don't have to stand much dissipation, save for the brief switching period. I think a voltage doubler / tracking CM would be nice to feed boosted rails to the front-end and driver stages. Since there would be a ton of voltage headroom for the CM to operate and the currents much lower the requirement for really low RdsON is relaxed.

Any thoughts on the PSU arrangement would be welcome, particularly in the main development thread.

SlewMaster Drill Templates

Attached here are the drill templates for the currently shipping OPS boards. Ensure your PDF viewer is set to print at 100% and not scaling the template either up or down. The document page size is 8.5"x11" (letter), so for those in areas using metric papers like A4 double check print settings.

Attachments

• SlewMaster 2P OPS Drill Template.pdf
    1.6 KB · Views: 201
  • SlewMaster 5P OPS Drill Template.pdf
    2 KB · Views: 193
kindhornman - 4x IPS (CFA-XH), 2x 5P OPS - Request Acknowledged, Temporarily On Hold
chat72 - 2x IPS (CFA-XH), 2x 5P OPS - Request Acknowledged
Jim Hamley - 4x 5P OPS - Request Acknowledged

OPS Schematic Re-Draw

In the hopes of further clarity I have redrawn the OPS schematic to more closely resemble the actual construction of the PCB. Some values may differ from those on OS's schematic. Those are either non-critical (and represent values I used) or were discussed in the main thread as having some improvement.

As usual, a number of different semiconductors can be used but I have put down the ones that seemed to make the most sense to me. Of course individual constructors can use their own discretion regarding parts choices.

Attachments

• SlewMonsterOPS.pdf
    49.6 KB · Views: 300
  • SlewMonsterOPS.png
    SlewMonsterOPS.png
    180.3 KB · Views: 749
Is there any interest in making a 3P OPS too? If not I can just skip outputs on the 5P board as planned before.
I may also just order some 2P boards if it would be possible to just reach 100W with either MJL3281/1302 or MJL21193/21194 output pairs. I can always save the 5P boards I already have for a future exercise in excess...

Is there any interest in making a 3P OPS too? If not I can just skip outputs on the 5P board as planned before.
I may also just order some 2P boards if it would be possible to just reach 100W with either MJL3281/1302 or MJL21193/21194 output pairs. I can always save the 5P boards I already have for a future exercise in excess...

I haven't got any plans for the 3P version, though the art exists for them. The 2P should be just fine for 100W output. Use the MJL2119x family of outputs for their generous SOA. If you use the 5P boards for only 3P you could then use Sanken MT200 packages devices if you like, I'm pretty sure they would fit with the intervening pairs left off.

Currently...

chat72 - 2x IPS (CFA-XH), 2x 5P OPS - Shipped
Jim Hamley - 4x 5P OPS - Shipped

Boards are still available.

And now...

mrsavage - 6x IPS (Symasui), 6x 2P OPS, 6x 5P OPS - Shipped

Hello,

boards recived..

So when is the next boards ready?:)

Thank`s

Gisle

Thanks for letting me know, I appreciate that.

I'm getting work done on the Wolverine IPS. It isn't ready for show and tell just yet but when It gets closer to a finished board I'll post it. Life has been quite busy in the last little while, so progress is slow. I still intend to do a Mouser BOM for the OPSs as well.

gwrskein - 4x IPS (Symasui), 4x 2P OPS - Delivered

After a little more research, I decided to stick to 3P. 3P would be better able to handle cheap 4ohm speakers. I don't plan on such abuse, but it would be best to prepare for such disasters...

That being said, put me down for some more boards. Four each 5P OPS and Symasui IPS.

Hi Jason

Can I order-

4x 2 pair OPS
4x Symasui IPS

What is the copper thickness/weight of the OPS boards?
Your efforts in organising the supply of these boards is much appreciated.

Keith

No problem. I will PM you later when I'm home. The OPS are 1oz copper on 1.6mm FR4. The power traces are very wide and on both sides, so I felt there was no meaningful advantage to going for 2oz copper.

gwrskein - 4x IPS (Symasui), 4x 2P OPS - Delivered
Keith Taylor - 4x IPS (Symasui), 4x 5P OPS - Shipped

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.