• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB: AYA II TDA1541A DAC (2014 Edition) PCB or Kit

GB: AYA II DS TDA1541A DAC (2015 Edition) PCB or Kit

Until Novemeber 7, 2015: Third run is now available.:)
Its called AYA II DS, with synchronous DEM clocking circuit integrated.
Please see details here:
AYA II DS, DIY edition - Audial online topic

----------

Here is a group buy opportunity for the PCB or kit of the Audial AYA II TDA1541A DAC (2014 DIY Edition).

Please click to this sign up page on Pedja Rogic's website for the information on pricing and description, and post your questions and comment for Pedja there.

AYA II 2014 DIY edition interest check - Audial online topic

This GB project originated from:

Any good TDA1541A DAC kit?
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digi...ny-good-tda1541a-dac-kit-102.html#post3921439

Last edited:
Am I stupid ? This is not a petition but a GB... So I filled in the form on Pedja's site and here for the waiting list: (is it the spirit ?)/ = 2 PCBS for the incremental waiting list (production is 35 pcbs minimum, complete kit can be signed alone)

People can use the SOTA board from 2008 with only the good PS and excellent output stage (e.g.) or the entire as it's "good enough" for 90% of the lover of music.

The AYA 2 came with both SPIDF and USB but you want you can capture too the I2S for DIY with the brand new concept like FIFO or rasberryPi or CMOS or Vynil turntable with I2S.... What you want ! Is life no good ? :)

One part of the fees will go to a local Jazz Festival in Serbia as it was the initial ideal given by Ceglar fellow to go for a charity curse and a little mine to ask an ancient design to a Brand for a GB. Here the concept is a gift of Pedja Rodric for the music lovers (and the enthusiast of TDA1541 as the initial thread restart like that: to have a result with the good willed people).

I surmise the cost of the parts for the PCB not to be expensive, the very good work of Pedja was to increase th eperformance not only with the SOTA Layout as a professional can do but also with a continous improvement with good choose with parts. the complex torroids can be swap with 3 or more little Tamurra at 6 euros (remember : low VA matched to the load : better results).

For the diyers who populated crap kit like we all did, the entire kit from Pedja is the insurance to have a perfect result. Here guys you have a complete recent famous product without its metal box but with the parts (no the TDA? question ?) at the price of the vast majority of commercial crap kits from Ebay.

Thank you again Pedja & CFTA for you great initiative to contact Pedja.

Good willed people togethers are better than a seated personn alone !:)

So.... :

+2 PCBs

Sign up is to be done on the Audial site and there is no need to repeat it here :)

Btw, in the comment section you may want to put down your wish items, like what you woild want to see added or subtracted from the existing pcb/ kit designs, and see if Pedja could accommodate that....:D

So far the posted sign-up numbers are quite encouraging.

If a club for helping in the future, show you to each other. It's also a sort of waiting incremental list as the pcbs are maid by 35 units.

Showing the wish for kit a could be also interresting for us to see if such a complete item could match the need of some diyer in a different spirit (more complete service like when you buy a kit on Ebay but here with a more friendly and profesional service). Don't forgett it's a free initiative... if you like it, it could be kind to support it here to let us know if this work go in the direction of the diyers' needs !

"this project would be slightly updated on this occasion, to facilitate its use with possibly different external front ends, DEM clocking schemes, etc."

Thanks for pointing it out Eldam. The above is actually buried in the comment section...thus the (2014 Edition).

Again, when you register on site you may want to put down what new features you would like to see on the boards.

Here are the updtate from Pedja Rogic after mails exchanges with CFT (thank you to you both) :

1. More versatile input connectivity
I2S line will get U.FL connectors. Since AYA II inputs are switched exactly at this line, adding these connectors will make it really versatile. So, apart from two existing front ends, you can use AYA II D/A section with one or two external sources. Mind you, I generally do not recommend “modular approach”, because it usually brings dubious benefits at the expense of obvious, even critical compromises layout-wise. However, I am aware that adaptive USB audio class 1 device is kinda surpassed these days and, since I do not plan to offer neither asynchronous USB nor audio class 2 USB device in DIY shape (nor do I have any major further plans regarding DIY items for that matter, sorry), it is also the way to “open” this project in that direction. Yet, AYA II could still sound nicely with existing USB stage, as well.
2. Synchronous DEM clocking
Instead of typically used capacitor to enable free running internal TDA1541A DEM oscillator, you can synchronize its DEM circuit to the incoming master or bit, or even word clock. Everything that is needed will be on-board, and this includes binary counter with selection of dividing ratios, and proper interface to TDA1541A pins 16 and 17. To make DEM working this way, you have to take into account the frequency you are actually starting with, and to connect adequately scaled frequency to DEM.
3. TDA1541A mode selection
This version will have a switch at pin 27 to facilitate possible TDA1541A use in simultaneous data mode.
Also, I do not really recommend using any other output stage, but TDA1541A current output will have its own set of clearly marked pads"

TDA chip provided of course with the complete populated kit...

Stixx, I'm totaly psychotic : Chewbacka, Golum... and:" I'm Iron Man!" (litterature ref: end of the first Iron Man movie) :D

(but I'm promise I don't ware glasses and I'm not Superman ;) )

Sorry Pedja & CFT, sorry to be Off Topic: the TDA1541 kit thread was and stay totaly rock&roll... have to land ! (I believe I can fly... I believe I can touch the sky :sing: )

***Last call from Audial****:cool:

The group buy will close by this Friday, May 23.

……………………………………………………………………

The prices we currently have are 30 EUR for unpopulated board, 80 EUR for unpopulated board with transformer, and 450 EUR and 550 EUR for completed kit (populated board with transformer) with one or both inputs, respectively.

For unpopulated boards, shipping costs are 10-12 EUR for European countries, 16 EUR for Asian countries, and 19 EUR for USA and Australia. We can ship probably up to 7-8 boards for the same price (up to 1 kg gross weight), which can be interesting for USA and Australian customers. We have several orders for unpopulated PCBs from there, so if anyone there is willing to organize local re-shipping, it might make things more effective.

For boards with transformers and for kits, shipping costs are 16-20 EUR for European countries, 26 EUR for Asian countries, and 28 EUR for USA and Australia. Shipping more kits at once will not bring meaningful savings, however adding unpopulated boards to them might do.

We can not mediate, and of course we are not going to forward anyone’s data by ourselves, but everyone interested in making savings on shipping can contact the others via this page, and we will gladly accept all your arrangements in this regard.The shipping costs above apply to Airmail with adequate insurance included.We will close this offer in two days, and then everyone who joined will receive e-mail with further information.

Payment via Skrill is recommended, and it will accept all major debit and credit cards. It works similarly to PayPal (but sorry, no PayPal payments in this case), and it won’t require account verification for amounts like these, so everything can be done in the real time. With maximum fee of 4% it will cost surely less than bank transfer, but bank transfer can be accepted too.So, anyone considering to join can do it until Friday.

Thank you CFT,

A solidarity thinking for Pedja Rodjic and him country fellows whom country Serbia is heavily flooded by the rain like Croatia also. From memory it was no flood like this since 1 000 years !

There are hunappilly & sadly a lot of deads, many people loose all they have, there are massive people deplacements and there is some epidemic risks with the dead animals as the water does'nt fall !

Some european countries try to help them with this painfull event and I think there will be some solidarity funds from europe to help to the reconstruction which will be long as damages are very important.

Is it easy to leave Skrill after just one transaction ?

here are some hidden fees took from the site : "

Stay active!
Your Skrill account is free for personal use as long as you login or make a transaction at least every 12 months.

If you don’t do this, a service fee of EUR 1.00 (or equivalent) will be deducted monthly from the funds in your account."

Could it be understood as a life inscription ? It needs maybe more inputs and need to create a specific email adress. bank opposition is less expensive than 1 euro if there is no easy way to leave this supplier !