GB: AYA II TDA1541A DAC (2014 Edition) PCB or Kit - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th May 2014, 11:36 PM   #11
Eldam is online now Eldam  France
diyAudio Member

Here are the updtate from Pedja Rogic after mails exchanges with CFT (thank you to you both) :

1. More versatile input connectivity
I2S line will get U.FL connectors. Since AYA II inputs are switched exactly at this line, adding these connectors will make it really versatile. So, apart from two existing front ends, you can use AYA II D/A section with one or two external sources. Mind you, I generally do not recommend “modular approach”, because it usually brings dubious benefits at the expense of obvious, even critical compromises layout-wise. However, I am aware that adaptive USB audio class 1 device is kinda surpassed these days and, since I do not plan to offer neither asynchronous USB nor audio class 2 USB device in DIY shape (nor do I have any major further plans regarding DIY items for that matter, sorry), it is also the way to “open” this project in that direction. Yet, AYA II could still sound nicely with existing USB stage, as well.
2. Synchronous DEM clocking
Instead of typically used capacitor to enable free running internal TDA1541A DEM oscillator, you can synchronize its DEM circuit to the incoming master or bit, or even word clock. Everything that is needed will be on-board, and this includes binary counter with selection of dividing ratios, and proper interface to TDA1541A pins 16 and 17. To make DEM working this way, you have to take into account the frequency you are actually starting with, and to connect adequately scaled frequency to DEM.
3. TDA1541A mode selection
This version will have a switch at pin 27 to facilitate possible TDA1541A use in simultaneous data mode.
Also, I do not really recommend using any other output stage, but TDA1541A current output will have its own set of clearly marked pads"

TDA chip provided of course with the complete populated kit...
Old 13th May 2014, 06:45 AM   #12
Stixx is offline Stixx  Germany
I am
diyAudio Member

Quote:
TDA chip provided of course with the complete populated kit...
For those interested in the unpopulated kit... is there a reliable source for the TDA chip...?

You, Eldam?
Old 13th May 2014, 12:59 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Hi Oliver
i have 5 but are my preciousssssssss. Ask GaryB.
Old 13th May 2014, 01:09 PM   #14
Stixx is offline Stixx  Germany
I am
diyAudio Member

I hear Golom speaking...
Old 13th May 2014, 01:22 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Stixx, I'm totaly psychotic : Chewbacka, Golum... and:" I'm Iron Man!" (litterature ref: end of the first Iron Man movie)

(but I'm promise I don't ware glasses and I'm not Superman )

Sorry Pedja & CFT, sorry to be Off Topic: the TDA1541 kit thread was and stay totaly rock&roll... have to land ! (I believe I can fly... I believe I can touch the sky )
Old 15th May 2014, 05:47 PM   #16
CFT is offline CFT  United States
diyAudio Member

Audiofil - feel the sound - forum: AYA II DAC

Never thought of where those xtal, usb/spdif..etc.. chips are located....and they are actually underneath the board
Old 16th May 2014, 10:05 AM   #17
diyAudio Member

Update from Audial

We have passed both PCBs and kits thresholds.

So now it is official, we are going to release this AYA II 2014 DIY project.

We will still try to reach price break quantities, hence the form above shall remain open for a couple of days more.

Thank you all for your interest and confidence!
Old 21st May 2014, 04:35 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

***Last call from Audial****

The group buy will close by this Friday, May 23.

……………………………………………………………………

The prices we currently have are 30 EUR for unpopulated board, 80 EUR for unpopulated board with transformer, and 450 EUR and 550 EUR for completed kit (populated board with transformer) with one or both inputs, respectively.

For unpopulated boards, shipping costs are 10-12 EUR for European countries, 16 EUR for Asian countries, and 19 EUR for USA and Australia. We can ship probably up to 7-8 boards for the same price (up to 1 kg gross weight), which can be interesting for USA and Australian customers. We have several orders for unpopulated PCBs from there, so if anyone there is willing to organize local re-shipping, it might make things more effective.

For boards with transformers and for kits, shipping costs are 16-20 EUR for European countries, 26 EUR for Asian countries, and 28 EUR for USA and Australia. Shipping more kits at once will not bring meaningful savings, however adding unpopulated boards to them might do.

We can not mediate, and of course we are not going to forward anyone’s data by ourselves, but everyone interested in making savings on shipping can contact the others via this page, and we will gladly accept all your arrangements in this regard.The shipping costs above apply to Airmail with adequate insurance included.We will close this offer in two days, and then everyone who joined will receive e-mail with further information.

Payment via Skrill is recommended, and it will accept all major debit and credit cards. It works similarly to PayPal (but sorry, no PayPal payments in this case), and it won’t require account verification for amounts like these, so everything can be done in the real time. With maximum fee of 4% it will cost surely less than bank transfer, but bank transfer can be accepted too.So, anyone considering to join can do it until Friday.
Old 21st May 2014, 05:07 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

Thank you CFT,

A solidarity thinking for Pedja Rodjic and him country fellows whom country Serbia is heavily flooded by the rain like Croatia also. From memory it was no flood like this since 1 000 years !

There are hunappilly & sadly a lot of deads, many people loose all they have, there are massive people deplacements and there is some epidemic risks with the dead animals as the water does'nt fall !

Some european countries try to help them with this painfull event and I think there will be some solidarity funds from europe to help to the reconstruction which will be long as damages are very important.
Old 21st May 2014, 11:31 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

Is it easy to leave Skrill after just one transaction ?

here are some hidden fees took from the site : "

Stay active!
Your Skrill account is free for personal use as long as you login or make a transaction at least every 12 months.

If you don’t do this, a service fee of EUR 1.00 (or equivalent) will be deducted monthly from the funds in your account."

Could it be understood as a life inscription ? It needs maybe more inputs and need to create a specific email adress. bank opposition is less expensive than 1 euro if there is no easy way to leave this supplier !

Hide this!Advertise here!