• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

VSSA Through-Hole Version by Jason

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'd like to make this thread to be the home for requests for the current version of my VSSA PCB from the thread found here:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/250097-vssa-through-hole-version-jason.html#post3762348

The goal is to keep the above mentioned thread in the Solid State forum for development and technical discussion with this thread used for distribution.

There was a very positive response to the first two batches ordered. The current batch of boards is on-hand and actively being distributed.

Dimensions are 3" wide by 4" tall. Pricing is $10 USD per board, plus shipping via Canada Post air mail extra. Shipping cost quoted at time of order due to differences in weight (dictated by quantity ordered) and destination affecting cost. These will be just the PCBs, no components provided.

BOM, Schematic and Drill Template Note: See Mouser BOM Link Below
Calibration and Set-Up

Pictures of fully stuffed boards
Mouser BOM

Attachments

• VSSAv2revC2.JPG
    VSSAv2revC2.JPG
    850.8 KB · Views: 2,046
Last edited:
Documentation

I can only link to the existing documents, I can't add or modify the attached files once posed. Will post here so they will be easy to find.

Attachments

• VSSA As Built RevC.png
    VSSA As Built RevC.png
    477.2 KB · Views: 2,051
  • JTK-VSSA Set-up.txt
    2.5 KB · Views: 162
  • JTK-VSSA Drill Template.pdf
    1.3 KB · Views: 156
  • JTK-VSSA BOM RevC.pdf
    26.1 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
And so it begins!

OK, We have about a two week lead time before I have boards.

While we wait I'll ask interested parties to PM / Email me your full names and shipping addresses and I will compile a list of those reserving these boards. I will accept payment via PayPal, but only after I have boards in hand. When boards are ready for distribution I will contact via PM (or email if preferred and provided with your shipping information) with the total and PayPal address. Hopefully that suits everyone.

To start the list, we have the following:

tofurky - 2
chat72 - 2
Xerxes75 - 2

Current list

OK,

Xerxes75 is looking elsewhere for a complete kit, so his name is off the list at this point. We currently have:

tofurkey - 2 - Address Provided
chat72 - 2 - Address Provided
meanman1964 - 2
arthur - 8
tome - 2
audiorasp - 8 - Address Provided
P. Lambda - 2 - Address Provided
AVWERK - 2

Dear Jason,
I had ordered two sets of the semiconductors on PMI, but the consignment is lost in transit. Can you supply full set of semiconductors along with the boards? Other parts can be sourced locally. At what price?
Also, how to mount the pcb on a heat sink, 200mm (Horizontal)*100mm (Vertical), optimally? How do you envisage the mounting?
--gannaji

Dear Jason,
I had ordered two sets of the semiconductors on PMI, but the consignment is lost in transit. Can you supply full set of semiconductors along with the boards? Other parts can be sourced locally. At what price?
Also, how to mount the pcb on a heat sink, 200mm (Horizontal)*100mm (Vertical), optimally? How do you envisage the mounting?
--gannaji

Mounting is intended to be vertical with the MOSFETs placed towards the bottom of the heat sink. I believe at least one prior purchaser is mounting them horizontally. That would likely be fine too, though I have not personally tried that.

As for the semiconductors, they aren't expensive or hard to source. You can even use other devices so long as the pin-out is the same and the voltage ratings aren't exceeded. Everything I have specified is current production from Fairchild, and possibly other manufacturers, with the exception of the output MOSFETs. For those we are looking for Renesas devices and I have been getting those from Tayda Electronics.

I haven't really given much thought to including parts with these boards. I don't want to be on the hook for a pile of components if the boards don't move in a timely manner. It becomes a situation for me; I'm sure some would spend a little extra to have the semiconductors included, others have their own already or prefer to source their own. I'd prefer not to pay shipping and duty on numerous small orders to fill requests on demand, but can't really afford to buy a full set for each board and wait for them to sell either. If I were to include semiconductors on an 'as needed / requested' basis it would have to be worth the extra time, effort and expense on my part. This might sound expensive, but my thoughts would be an extra $25USD per board to have the semiconductors included. Some of the semiconductors I'm currently out of (the outputs specifically) and would have to wait for them to arrive which might delay the dispatch of the boards as well, just so anyone seriously thinking about it knows about the likelihood of a delay in shipment.

In any event, let me know your thoughts.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.