• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for Salas Folded Simplistic Phono PCB

Joined 2006
Paid Member
UNDER REVISION FOR UFSP BOARD UPDATES

FSP ULTRA SCH.png

UFSPeverythingreverb.jpeg

2SK369BL matched pair - $12.50usd
2SK369BL matched quads - 26.00usd (LOMC Only)

2SK170BL's - 36 usd
Q4-Q5 and Q6 are now going to be custom selected with different R11 (for Q5) and R8 (for Q4). These will help adjust the currents to any matched pair of 2SK170BL.
This is to make better use of existing stock of 2SK170BL without any performance hit. R11 and R8 resistors are now included with the 2SK170BL sets.

Here is the new RAW PSU that people have requested. Use this before the Folded Boards Shunt Supply as described in Folded Guide.
These are 15.00 each.

IMG_1621.jpg

UFSP BOM

VISUAL BUILD GUIDE UFSP
IMG_1625.jpg

Attachments

• Folded_Simplistic_PCB_Guide.pdf
    722.8 KB · Views: 5,864
Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
More Minikit discussion

Any ballpark idea how much the minikit will approximately amount to?

The mini kits big roadblock is obtaining matched 2SK369BL's.
Getting a quad out of a group of even 100 was limited. So they are low yield for that, but for less than 63db gain, more do-able.
I need to affirm with Salas the spectrum of my current stash what is usable.

It's likely those will be sold just as matched pairs and quads of 2SK369BLs, and when I run out, I run out. I might bye more, but previous yield I think was less than 20 percent in range (9-11ma), but I think Salas calculated a much larger range based on my yield of parts from two vendors.

The 2SK170 and 2SA970 I can also get from re-liable sources and likely more torant of matching for this kit.

Some optional parts to possibly include, based on difficulty of people not being able to get them elsewhere.

Elna Silimic Ecap Kit, Heatsinks, Input load switch, polystrene caps. <10R small resistors for 2SK shunt for Q1,2.
Generally the kit will not have signal portion resistors or caps other than the RIAA Vishay caps mentioned earlier. (which are not expensive). This is so you can customize sound.

So let me know your input, and I will do my best to comply. I have 20 pairs of the vishay caps already, and some 6.2K 1/2 Vishay (not CMF55) resistors, and some other parts.