• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for Salas Folded Simplistic Phono PCB

I added myself for the 2SK170 kit as well.

I may be away from computer the weekend of the 22nd (traveling to see/hear what I hope will be an extraordinary concert). If you have details finalized before then, no problem. Otherwise I will be back home on the 23rd (actually the night of the 22nd, but I can't promise that I can respond to anything that day).

While I am keen to build this project, it is more important to me to do it right than to do it soon. If you are making last minute adjustments to the details of the minikits etc., I would rather wait a bit for you to finalize them than "rush the brush and spill the paint". Even though I have an Ortofon MC cart I have never listened to! I truly appreciate all that you and Salas do (I've got a Mez DCB1 and use a BiB in my current MM phono stage) but please don't feel pressured to get this finalized before you are satisfied. I'm not sure what I'm trying to say, except this is the first group buy for this circuit, we are all excited, let's make sure we get it right the first time.

Either way, I'm in! (1 board, 1 minikit, 1 2SK170 kit)

I added myself for the 2SK170 kit as well.

I may be away from computer the weekend of the 22nd (traveling to see/hear what I hope will be an extraordinary concert). If you have details finalized before then, no problem. Otherwise I will be back home on the 23rd (actually the night of the 22nd, but I can't promise that I can respond to anything that day).

While I am keen to build this project, it is more important to me to do it right than to do it soon. If you are making last minute adjustments to the details of the minikits etc., I would rather wait a bit for you to finalize them than "rush the brush and spill the paint". Even though I have an Ortofon MC cart I have never listened to! I truly appreciate all that you and Salas do (I've got a Mez DCB1 and use a BiB in my current MM phono stage) but please don't feel pressured to get this finalized before you are satisfied. I'm not sure what I'm trying to say, except this is the first group buy for this circuit, we are all excited, let's make sure we get it right the first time.

Either way, I'm in! (1 board, 1 minikit, 1 2SK170 kit)

yeah 100%

last one I was in ...

But TEA is the man so sleeping quite well

Joined 2006
Paid Member
If someone from Singapore or Australia could order a part for me from Element14 (and them ship to USA), please email or message me off list please.
They will not sell to me directly, and stock is out locally.

Thanks for the responses, I really appreciate it. Makes me feel good about our community.

BixBacon has dropped on the sword took one for the group buy.

Should be able to send out full details tomorrow.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Okay, here is the minikit, I will also add to first post. Will send out PM later, but essentially to get the ball rolling, a PM sending me your paypal email I can start to send out some invoices.
The 2SK369's I will not allow purchases of just yet, as I cannot establish a firm yield versus demand. But lets keep the ball rolling while we I continue to shop and measure for those.

Parts availability looks good for up to 100 kits, after that minor subs may occur.

Price is $48.00

3MM RED LED 20ma D1-4 40
BC560C Fairchild High HFE (600 typical) Q3y 6
2SK117GR Q2,Q3,Q5 10
BC550C Fairchild HIGH HFE (600 typical) Q4x 6
Vishay CFP 15R 100PPM metal film 2-3W R1x 2
VISHAY - MRS25 Series .6W 6.2K 50ppm R3x (high IDSS) 2
MRS-25 9.1k R3x 2
MRS25 120R R2x,R4x 4
MRS25 33.2R R6x 2
MRS25 27.4R R6x (alternate) 2
IRF9610PBF Q1x 2
IRF9530PBF Q6x 2
Vishay CFP 1.2K 100ppm 2W R13 2
Bourns 3296Y 1K VR1 2
Bourns 3296Y 2K VR2 2
4 position SPST 2
KEMET 0.1uf 100v 5% C3x 2
Welwyn MFR4 1R2 1% 50ppm
R5x 4
Vishay MKP-1837 .047 1% C1 1
Vishay MKP-1837 .015 1% C2 2
Xicon Polystrene 100pf C2Y 6 (to trim to liking)

The Elna caps and Heatsinks are extra's
They are marked up beyond MSRP to cover shipping and paypal fees.
They will all come in basic packaging.

Last edited:
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
*Typo. 0.047 1% C1 you need 2 also not 1.

P.S.
TO-92 flat mini-sinks can help the 369s for LMC and MC settings either singles or doubles where R2,R3 values are still small to degenerate hard. Necessarily small for gain and noise reasons. Since the 369s are avid temp drifters the mini-sinks can possibly shorten their walkabouts. Won't be harmful even if not proving greatly effective anyway.