• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Mr Evil's Capacitance Multiplier Power Supply PCB

Terry,
Thanks. i have copied my voltages in blue.Since i am hopeless at this, is it saying Q7 & Q8 are bad?

Attachments

• schemtic with voltages 3-12-14.jpg
    schemtic with voltages 3-12-14.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 547
Terry,
FYI, i got PMI's board working.Crappy solder joint..The Single layer board…Beats me. replaced almost everything with same results. He said it had never been tested. It does have a .5v drop across the Pass & ripple is only 1.3 to 1.8 mvac, so maybe i'll just use it as is for a test bed.

Rick.

I don't think PMI ever released his gerbers. It might be possible to do a re-draw of the art from the posted PDF files. I'm not sure if that breaks any forum etiquette or policy or not.

If I could get input from a moderator suggesting it would be OK I might consider doing the artwork over in Sprint.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I don't think PMI ever released his gerbers. It might be possible to do a re-draw of the art from the posted PDF files. I'm not sure if that breaks any forum etiquette or policy or not.

If I could get input from a moderator suggesting it would be OK I might consider doing the artwork over in Sprint.
Firstly you got to ask Mr. Evil for permission. Secondly since PMI is missing and you can't know his opinion on the matter, you got to draw your own from scratch given you got Mr. Evil's consent. :captain:

Firstly you got to ask Mr. Evil for permission. Secondly since PMI is missing and you can't know his opinion on the matter, you got to draw your own from scratch given you got Mr. Evil's consent. :captain:

Thanks for the input. It can seem to be a grey area since designs here are up in the public eye. I will seek consent from Mr. Evil to re-spin his design but will likely do my own art and just use PMI's physical format to make the two boards physically interchangeable.

any progress?

Started a layout but I tend to work slowly. I also have some obligations at home at the moment keeping me from spending extra time on those projects. I should be getting back to it in a few weeks.

When such time comes that I have something to show, I will start a new thread. Since PMI's absence has left some folks upset, and my project would end up being a competing one, I don't wish to post too much here.