• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Aleph J kit of parts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
UPDATE 2 - I am moving forward with a PSU kit for the Aleph J or any of the Firstwatt/Pass amps - http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group-buys/241063-aleph-j-kit-parts-2.html#post3639220 See post #69 20SEP13

UPDATE
- As of 22 August I have all the kits spoken for. It's going to take a little while to get the parts purchased, collected and packed. Once that is done everybody on the list (people who have gotten an email from me) will be contacted for payment and shipping instructions.

UPDATE - 13 MAY 2014 - My secret supplier has come through once again, and there will be a third run of kits. I'll know exactly how many once I match the Jfets, but probably 15 kits or so. :)

If there are any people who change their mind from that list, then I will contact people on the waiting list.
The waiting list is anybody who shows interest in this thread from post #29 and after.

Thank you all for your interest!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I visited Foresthill about a month ago, I got a really nice present from Wayne - a bag of 2SJ108BL.

The J108 is the exact same die (chip) as a J74, in a smaller plastic package. The pinout is the same, and the only difference is dissipation, which in our application (the differential input pair of the Aleph J) works just fine.

This has been verified by Nelson. :cool:

After testing the pieces for Idss and matching them, I have enough to sell 30 stereo kits. One kit will populate 2 Aleph J circuit boards, I.E., one stereo amp.

The kit will include Matched IRF240 from Buzzforb, Wima film caps, Nichicon Audio grade electrolytic caps, Dale/Vishay CMF55 and RN60 resistors, Bourns trimpots, and other high-grade components. Everything to stuff these boards - http://www.diyaudio.com/store/amplifier-circuit-boards/aleph-j-circuit-boards.html

There will be no PSU components. (Although, if you are interested, tell me and I will look into it.)

At this time I'm looking to see how much interest the forum has in a parts kit like this. I only have the one batch of Jfets, so there will be only 30 kits. When they are gone, they are gone.

If you would interested in buying a kit, and at this time it looks like it will cost $75USD + shipping, please send me a PM, and leave a post in this thread. (I'm only recording interest at this time, not taking orders)

attachment.php

2SJ74BL left and 2SJ108BL right

Last edited:
Joined 2003
Paid Member
This isnt the boards, right? Just the parts? I already have Peter Daniels Aleph J boards, or is the store going to be providing one for this?

Whoops, I see the store already has it. I will hang on until I figure out if these parts will fit the tiny Daniels boards, or if I want to get store boards....

Looks like I am tentatively wanting one kit please!

Russellc

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.