Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th August 2013, 12:16 AM   #1
6L6 is offline 6L6  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Aleph J kit of parts

UPDATE 2 - I am moving forward with a PSU kit for the Aleph J or any of the Firstwatt/Pass amps - Aleph J kit of parts See post #69 20SEP13

UPDATE
- As of 22 August I have all the kits spoken for. It's going to take a little while to get the parts purchased, collected and packed. Once that is done everybody on the list (people who have gotten an email from me) will be contacted for payment and shipping instructions.

If there are any people who change their mind from that list, then I will contact people on the waiting list.
The waiting list is anybody who shows interest in this thread from post #29 and after.

Thank you all for your interest!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I visited Foresthill about a month ago, I got a really nice present from Wayne - a bag of 2SJ108BL.

The J108 is the exact same die (chip) as a J74, in a smaller plastic package. The pinout is the same, and the only difference is dissipation, which in our application (the differential input pair of the Aleph J) works just fine.

This has been verified by Nelson.

After testing the pieces for Idss and matching them, I have enough to sell 30 stereo kits. One kit will populate 2 Aleph J circuit boards, I.E., one stereo amp.

The kit will include Matched IRF240 from Buzzforb, Wima film caps, Nichicon Audio grade electrolytic caps, Dale/Vishay CMF55 and RN60 resistors, Bourns trimpots, and other high-grade components. Everything to stuff these boards - http://www.diyaudio.com/store/amplif...it-boards.html

There will be no PSU components. (Although, if you are interested, tell me and I will look into it.)

At this time I'm looking to see how much interest the forum has in a parts kit like this. I only have the one batch of Jfets, so there will be only 30 kits. When they are gone, they are gone.

If you would interested in buying a kit, and at this time it looks like it will cost $75USD + shipping, please send me a PM, and leave a post in this thread. (I'm only recording interest at this time, not taking orders)

Click the image to open in full size.

2SJ74BL left and 2SJ108BL right

Last edited by 6L6; 20th September 2013 at 03:38 PM.
Old 20th August 2013, 12:30 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

I am confident that when the Aleph J building guide becomes available, those kits will sell very fast. In the meantime, may I suggest you add a link to this thread in your signature line? It may get it more exposure.
Old 20th August 2013, 12:32 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

I'm curious as to how fast the interest will come in - I might not have to.

As for the guide, I'm (finally) compiling it and getting it organized.
Old 20th August 2013, 03:24 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

I'm interested in 2 kits.
Old 20th August 2013, 03:31 AM   #5
skunark is offline skunark  United States
diyAudio Member

I would take at least 1 kit --Jim
Old 20th August 2013, 09:01 AM   #6
Awh is offline Awh  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I'm up for a kit please.
Old 20th August 2013, 02:12 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Andrew, Jim, Robert - You should all have an email by now, if not please contact me again.
Old 21st August 2013, 08:20 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

I'm interested in a kit, thanks
Old 21st August 2013, 05:44 PM   #9
chris45 is offline chris45  Germany
diyAudio Member

I would be interested in one kit
Old 21st August 2013, 06:10 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

This isnt the boards, right? Just the parts? I already have Peter Daniels Aleph J boards, or is the store going to be providing one for this?

Whoops, I see the store already has it. I will hang on until I figure out if these parts will fit the tiny Daniels boards, or if I want to get store boards....

Looks like I am tentatively wanting one kit please!

Russellc

Last edited by Russellc; 21st August 2013 at 06:15 PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!