• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Shigaclone new GB 2013

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys,

Im still waiting for my unit from tibi. When time allows, I'll be doing mods such as replacing the capacitors in c43/c916 and c906/c8. I would like to request for anyone to post a pic of the boards where those caps are located so i can plan ahead for the approach.

Thanks guys

Hi guys,

Im still waiting for my unit from tibi. When time allows, I'll be doing mods such as replacing the capacitors in c43/c916 and c906/c8. I would like to request for anyone to post a pic of the boards where those caps are located so i can plan ahead for the approach.

Thanks guys

Hi freeman,

I'm currently using for my original shiga a 47 uf blackgte nx wood modded with oil and beeswax for c43/c916 and 0.01uf duelund copper for c906/c8. I will be transferring these on tibis mk2 transport when it arrives. I have ordered miniregs for v3 and v4 then will be using burson regs for v1 and v2.

Im currently using a pipad on the spdif output as recommended in the studio zey website but will be replacing it with a pi pad made of LDRs instead of resistors. Hopefully it will sound good.

Theres an extensive mods for the transport in the thread an affordable transport shigaclone

Thanks.

Tibi, just to make sure, if we use mini-reg for v3, should v1 and v2 also have a mini-reg? Regards.

No.
You can use low noise regulators in any position, in any combination you like, but take care on the currents delivered by these regulators, minimum input voltage and minimum dropout voltage required by them.

However, when building for very first time, I strongly suggest you to build SHIGA MKII without any regulators. You'll be surprised on how good will perform in default form.
Later, build and replace V3 and V4 with miniregs or other low noise regulators. Two minreg board are available in all KIT's. Don't forget to remove L9 , L5 and make strap from common 8V point (this is positioned on the left side of J6) to V3 and respectively V4. This will bring 8V directly to minireg input.
Miniregs are LDO and will perform excellent regulation on 8V. Do not attempt to do cascading with Tentlabs, ALR, Burson or other discrete super-regulators. These need higher input voltage and will not work unless you provide them from a separate power supply needed input voltage.
Using miniregs in V3 and V4 the improvement will be breathtaking.
For V1 you need a super-regulator able to deliver at leat 100mA and for V2 one able to deliver 100mA. Here miniregs will fail in providing necessary current. Use Burson or Belleson from a separate power supply.

Best regards,
Tibi

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Tibi. Does v3 mini-reg power X02? I know tastes vary, but how much will separate external psu of good quality add to Sonics for X02 and other sectors of the board? Thanks again for your patience with all my newbie questions. Regards.

V3 power internal Pierce LC78601 oscillator, or an external XO2. So, in both cases, V3 will bring improvement. V3 should not be used in case you use an external self powered low jitter clock, like Dexa for example, or you slave SHIGA MKII to your dac - only for 16.9344MHz.

Regards,
Tibi

Where the red arrow to point is that the plus (+) side?
I would like a confirmation because I make my own black and red cable.
To everyone, remember to mount the heat sink ...

Tibi my package arrived today :D

Regards,
Rudy

Attachments

• 8 volt.jpg
    8 volt.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 178
  • Vicol MK2 Shigaclone.jpg
    Vicol MK2 Shigaclone.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.