• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Shigaclone new GB 2013

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm interested, put myself down on the spreadsheet. Looking forward to learning and listening.

What sort of a timeline are we looking at with this GB?

Thank you for your interest.
I expect to have MKII prototype running and tested between 1 - 10 August.
Testing, measurement and comparison will take another ~ 2 weeks and in case all is OK, will start to collect money and mass produce the board and KIT. This time we are going to solder in a professional way using a stencil printer.

Regards,
Tibi

Okay. Another question. It sounded like you are planning to incorporate PIN diodes for low noise voltage references on the MKII board? Will this make using something like a SSR01 (or any stand alone super reg) a problem?

Like on first Shiga, you'll be able to use super regulators in different places.
Single difference is that the Shiga MKII will come by default with a ultra low noise voltage reference included on board. It will be up to you to remove, bypass or use another super reg you may like.

Regards,
Tibi

Hi Tibi,
I'm very excited about the mkII version. My original shigaclone was a significant upgrade over my CDP which is a well regarded entry-level audiophile unit. And I'm still using a very simple power supply along with a Peter Daniel/Audiosector NOS DAC. I'm still trying to decide on puck and remote. Does the remote include a case? Many thanks.

Hi Freeman,

The remote was designed to be easy adapted to a case and can be used with or without a case.
At this time the remote do not include a case, but a case was already designed and at the right time I'll share the drawings. Other drawings are already on my website shiga page.

Regards,
Tibi

hi tvicol,

Can you implement SPDIF reclock circuit on PCB? It only needs a little space if SMT version of flip-flop was used.

Some people prefer and consider that reclocking arguably degrade Shiga's S/PDIF performance. I also prefer no reclocking.
I consider to add a separate board for different interfaces: AES/EBU, RCA, toslink, glass-fiber, but this is related to users interest for such interface, as will increase the cost considerably, mainly due glass-fiber interface.

Regards,
Tibi

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.