• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Shigaclone new GB 2013

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi folks,

Just realized that I missed GB 2012 for the Shigaclone kit. After talking with Tibi/Vicol-Audio, he recommended a new GB to see if there is any interest for a new batch. He also mentioned that he was considering to redesign the pcb. But for this he needs at least 50 orders.

So how many of you have an interest for this?

Cheers!
Tommy

I'm interested. Do you have more details like does it include power supply(ies)?
Thanks. -freeman

It will include:
- main board
- power supply
- display and control board
- low noise shielded trafo
- CD mechanic
- Al non-magnetic CD puck
- IR remote control

I also consider to redesign the PCB, to change connectors and improve layout. So, this will be a Shiga MKII version. :)

Regards,
Tibi

Last edited by a moderator:
Tibi, can you provide info at this point as to what the improvements will be?

- better PCB layout
- better PCB quality
- PIN diodes ultra low noise voltage-reference integrated on PCB
- beside standard 7808, power supply will include other 2 or 3 separate shunt power supply's. This will allow user to easily improve Shiga's performance. However, only 7808 regulator will be provided, other shunt regulators will be optional.

Overall I expect better tolerance and performance in reading CD-RW and SACD.

List is open, so any cost effective improvement can be discussed and included.

Regards,
Tibi

shiga

Hi Tibi,
I know you are just now in the first stage of the group buy, but a couple of questions: I don't see options for transformer or for shunt power supply. Are those not going to be available? Sorry. Don't mean to seem impatient.
Cheers. -freeman

It will include:
- main board
- power supply
- display and control board
- low noise shielded trafo
- CD mechanic
- Al non-magnetic CD puck
- IR remote control

I also consider to redesign the PCB, to change connectors and improve layout. So, this will be a Shiga MKII version. :)

Regards,
Tibi

Hi Tibi,
I know you are just now in the first stage of the group buy, but a couple of questions: I don't see options for transformer or for shunt power supply. Are those not going to be available? Sorry. Don't mean to seem impatient.
Cheers. -freeman

Freeman,

Have added trafo option on column G.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuQF0EAtUutedFBxckJoUjF6SzN0R3IxblBTclpGVlE#gid=0
Power supply PCB will come by default with 7808. Shunt option will be present on pcb, but will be optional.
I want to keep production costs as low as possible, but in the same time to offer a wide range of options for end diy-er. :)

For those who want to register.
Please note that list is public open on google docs. You need to login with your google account (android or gmail one) and put your name on the list, or send me a mail to add you on the list.
Also, I would like to know which options are you interested in.

Regards,
Tibi

Marosik,

That is a simulated PCB, do you have a real PCB based on that design ?
It is single or double side ?

I'm in the process of designing new PCB. As now I have more experience from first version, there are many things which will be improved and of course pictures will come after first prototype boards. :)

Regards,
Tibi

oh well
it's done & it's working fine. no cut's on burned cd's etc.
I must admit that Your clone (not quite good working) made me do this PCB.
We are making a small series of PCB's. It's one side of course. elements are easier to resolder.
price is about 10$
can You tell me where U got the lcd's? How much You paid?

take a look :
http://www.audiostereo.pl/index.php...ttach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=254230

can You tell me where U got the lcd's? How much You paid?

take a look :
http://www.audiostereo.pl/index.php...ttach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=254230

That's my next question ? :)

My LCD's are custom made in Taiwan. There is no way to use a normal multiplexed LCD as someone suggest on your forum. You need a matrix multiplexed LCD, I have detailed this in the main forum thread.
The main problem is that these can be made only in large quantities >1000 and beside price/pcs you need to pay tooling, which is very expensive.

On a single PCB board, you may have same grounding issues as in the main JVC board. I see some very long traces on your board, but it's ok if is working and you are happy with the result.
Congratulation for your work !

Regards,
Tibi

long traces are not a problem if You know which one can be long ;)
In datasheet is a lot of information about it.

I'm not that sure about lcd. In carrefour or tesco You can purchase a boombox with wright kind of laser/transport, lcd, transformer etc.
In Poland I found a wright lcd but it's out of stock wright now.

If You have to buy/produce lcd's in Taiwan it's cheaper to get a NEW BOOMBOX for transplants ;)

Grounding problems with one side PCB's>? I'm not getting one :)

STAR ground get it's benefits.
double side pcb's can be a problem like a lot of people in Poland find out with previous ver.

I hope Yours will play as good as ours :D

I have another question about Your lcd. What is working voltage of it?
All lcd's that i have seen from You are override (or how to call it in English)

OK marosik, looks like you are here to critic my work, while I respect your work even I do not know you, or your project results.
Your questions have been already responded in the main thread.
You may open your own thread or address them in the main thread.
Kindly ask you to respect my work as well.
Thanks for understanding.

Regards,
Tibi

I respect Your work. You made a great job here. When there was no way to get jvc's it was You who started production .. A lot of people purchased Your's pcb's and were/are happy about it- it's a fact. I even got one to find out how it sounds. It was much better than my SONY transport-deep tuned. It was better than JVC too. The sound was more open and natural. There was no blanket on speakers. but...
Because of small problems with cd's I started to changing MK1 PCB. I didn't find the way to get rid of my problem. I purchased a cd Ice Queen Within Temptation (my favorite) and I could not make shiga clone to play it in the right way. It was skipping & jumping while playing and every time it was on different seconds and tracks.
I made a lot of measurements ex. :
Shiga mini kit - zamówienie - strona 24 - DIY - Audiostereo.pl - strona 24
But This problem stays unsolved.
So... If You can't jump over something You have to go through it.
And than was born project called saremini. I already made 2 prototypes that come from 1 side JVC. It has improved Vref shunt stabilization, BNC socket for external clock/adum 1201 or ds8921 as galvanic separation/reclock , few voltage sockets (all in option). It took me 2 months already..
I can't say anything about it because it would not be objective. In the normal mode it will sound as JVC. when You make improvements like shunt Vref/ external clock it changes dramatically.
People from GB saremini some day maybe wright something about how it sounds in it's topic (i don't want to make mess in here)

So I'm holding thumbs for MKII because it is a great transport. It takes a lot of time to make a good pcb. With Your experience it probably will be much better than mine.

Thank you !

I have a Naim cd player. There are several original CD's, from my collection, that this player do not want to read and play either. Few of them are played without any problem by Shiga.

I know that my first version was far from perfect and this is this is why I started MKII version.
And I'm sure that this project can be improved to an extensive level.
Shigaclone is an open project and if you will, we can work together to get best from this.
I'm willing to buy a board from you and be your beta tester. This way I can learn from your design and also help you to improve further.
Also I would like you to be my beta tester and do the same. Looks like you have the right tools and skills. :)
Maybe at the end we can come together with a state of the art product.
Write me a mail if you want make team with me.

Regards,
Tibi

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.