diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Group Buys (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group-buys/)
-   -   "Subbu DAC V3 - ES9023/WM8804 SPDIF & Power Supply PCB" Group Buy (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group-buys/237612-subbu-dac-v3-es9023-wm8804-spdif-power-supply-pcb-group-buy.html)

unixdeveloper 13th June 2013 07:04 PM

"Subbu DAC V3 - ES9023/WM8804 SPDIF & Power Supply PCB" Group Buy

2 Attachment(s)
First of all thanks to all members who have been patiently waiting for this GB. Its time to announce that we have completed the final version.

Attached is the link to the GB signup form. Please fill in the required information on the form. No information entered in the form will be public and will not be published.

Pricing:

DAC PCB: $15.00
PSU PCB: $12.00
ES9023 DAC Chip: $4.00
Shipping: Upto 4 PCBs USA - $6.00, over 4 PCBs - Quoted.
Shipping: Upto 4 PCBs International - $10.00, over 4 PCBs - Quoted.

Group Buy Signup Form

Add 3.9% to the total amount toward paypal fees.

The Group Buy is for Subbu DAC V3 SPDIF PCB, 5v Power Supply PCB and ES9023 Chip.

BOM and Build Guide will be sent to the members during the payment period, which should give them enough time to source the parts.

Cheers!
Jean-Paul and Subbu

atupi 13th June 2013 07:20 PM

BOM and Build Guide will be sent to the members during the payment period, which should give them enough time to source the parts.

My understanding was the parts will be part of this GB. It was changed or it was my misunderstanding ?

voxxonline 13th June 2013 07:30 PM

With that many people it is good idea, but it can be challenging logistics task

BackinBlack 13th June 2013 08:19 PM

Well done and many thanks to Subbu and Jean-Paul.
A parts GB would be good, perhaps organised regionally as seemed to be developing ni the original thread.
Many owners clubs, particularly for cars, have discount deals with suppliers.
Does anyone know if Mouser, Farnell or Digi-Key (or any other supplier) ever offered a "package" for a group buy. Whilst it may not be as cheap as a genuine group buy, it could solve the logistics problems.

jean-paul 13th June 2013 08:26 PM

I hope such a thing exists, it would indeed solve a lot of logistic hassle.

BTW the PSU can be used to 1 A (but not with the onboard transformer, you'll need a 1 A or more off board transformer for that). It is now possible to use it for a Squeezebox etc. Please understand that the transistor must have a heatsink then. You can bend the pins and put it in the PCB from the under side and mount it on the chassis with an isolation pad and ring. Tighten the screw and bolt and then solder it. It is better to include an aluminium L profile between the chassis and the transistor. This will depend on your needs and you'll have to try out yourself as we made this PSU for our DACs. The DACs don't need much current and a heatsink is not required for feeding the DACs but adding a small vertical aluminium L or U profile won't harm.

unixdeveloper 13th June 2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atupi (Post 3525389)

My understanding was the parts will be part of this GB. It was changed or it was my misunderstanding ?

Hi

Similar to the previous GB, the parts were organized as a independent GB by Phil (korben69). The scope of this GB is limited to the PCB and ES9023 DAC. The reason to include ES9023 is that all other components can be purchased from Mouser/Digikey/Farnell. The BOM will include part numbers from all these three vendors.

I am sure Phil will chime in here soon with more information.

Hope this helps!

-Subbu

palmito 13th June 2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jean-paul (Post 3525452)
BTW the PSU can be used to 1 A (but not with the onboard transformer, .

Is the BOM transformer the same as for the previous version of the ps board?

B&W_arthur 14th June 2013 12:13 AM

Thank you for the hard work of organizing this group buy.

In the Subbu DAC V3 order form, there is an option:

Would you be interested in I2S version?

Does it mean that there will be another PCB for the I2S version?

Or, is it simply the SPDIF version without the WM8804 chip?

wirewiggler 14th June 2013 04:58 AM

Subbu,
I assume this group buy is for the single ended version. Is there still a plan to release a balanced version? As far as group buy for parts there is no significant gain (savings or availability) so I see no need. That being said if I can be of any assistance with distribution of this group buy feel free to ask.

Bill

jean-paul 14th June 2013 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmito (Post 3525599)
Is the BOM transformer the same as for the previous version of the ps board?

Yes, if you use it for a Subbu DAC.

Quote:

Originally Posted by B&W_arthur (Post 3525655)

Does it mean that there will be another PCB for the I2S version?

Or, is it simply the SPDIF version without the WM8804 chip?

No it is another version so for SPDIF you need this one. One chance and last chance.