• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

"Subbu DAC V3 - ES9023/WM8804 SPDIF & Power Supply PCB" Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Count me in for a soldering service also if one become available. Thanks Korben.

PJN

Hi PJN
Yes it's on the way, waiting for some informations before publishing.
I'll use a similar "Form" as the one used by Subbu for registering & Paypal.
You'll receive then a fully soldered, functional & tested DAC/PSU.
I hope it will be soon, same thing for the Parts GB ;)

Regards

Phil

Ive paid as well.

anyone know of a cheapish pcb kit with smd components that i can purchase and do some practice on? ideally something that does anything of use, but i can go for something scrappy too. thanks!

Hi parb

You could try desoldering/soldering exercices using broken/faulty computer motherboards or others electronic devices SMD populated ;)
Keep your money to buy SMD solder paste, magnifying glass and solder braid :cool:

Regards

Phil

I have a pretty good soldering iron that my brother gave me (his company was upgrading their equipment), and i was in the market for a heatgun... so i found this one and at the price i figured, what the heck. maybe a bit of an impulse buy but if just the suction for the fumes work i'm happy... 4 IN 1 "X-TRONIC" MODEL #9020-XTS HOT AIR REWORK & SOLDERING IRON STATION, FUME EXTRACTOR & VACUUM PICKUP TOOL - 5 Hot Air Nozzles - 10 Asst. Solder Tips - 1 Extra Hot Air & Soldering Iron Heating Element - Pinpoint Tweezers - 1 5X MAGNIFYING LAMP!!!

I have a pretty good soldering iron that my brother gave me (his company was upgrading their equipment), and i was in the market for a heatgun... so i found this one and at the price i figured, what the heck. maybe a bit of an impulse buy but if just the suction for the fumes work i'm happy... 4 IN 1 "X-TRONIC" MODEL #9020-XTS HOT AIR REWORK & SOLDERING IRON STATION, FUME EXTRACTOR & VACUUM PICKUP TOOL - 5 Hot Air Nozzles - 10 Asst. Solder Tips - 1 Extra Hot Air & Soldering Iron Heating Element - Pinpoint Tweezers - 1 5X MAGNIFYING LAMP!!!

I bought something similar to this and it blew like a hair dryer... I couldnt do any smd soldering with it without the parts bowing all over the place. It went back the same day I got it. I eventually got a hot air solder pencil, I've used a good soldering iron with a very fine tip.. but I like toys.

Hi parb

You could try desoldering/soldering exercices using broken/faulty computer motherboards or others electronic devices SMD populated ;)
Keep your money to buy SMD solder paste, magnifying glass and solder braid :cool:

Regards

Phil

Yep, that's what I've been doing.
Used a cheap hot air gun (the paint stripping type) to remove components from a couple of dead boards I salvaged from junk.
Cleaned up the pads with a bit of braid.
Then put the components back on again.

So far, I've done down to 0603 passives and a ~88 pin quad flat pack.
All seem to have been successful, at least nothing melted or lifted, and no shorts under a magnifier.
Of course, the boards are still dead, so who really knows :D

I can highly recommend the link in post #93
Dave waffles on a bit, but he sure knows his stuff.

Cheers,
Mark

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.