tiny switches found, but 1000 pc min. Wanna split? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th June 2013, 04:05 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default tiny switches found, but 1000 pc min. Wanna split?

After a long painstaking search for the smallest rocker switches made, I found a supplier on alibaba...

Mini 10x15mm Snap-in On/off 2 Terminals Rocker Switch - Buy Rocker Switch,Miniature Rocker Switch,Electrical Switch Product on Alibaba.com

Only 15mm! Perfect for some of my products, but 1000 pc minimum . The price seems super low, but after requesting I quote I was told...

1000PCS+Ship by FedEx=140USD

So I have to assume the sellers actual price is at the high end of his posted price, about a dime each, and the rest goes for shipping. That still really comes out to a total of only 14 each, but its a lot for me to spend. Unfortunately the seller also was adamant about the 1000 pc minimum, which I understand for things posted on alibaba..

Well its still a good price,and I can personally think of dozens of uses for such a tiny switch. I HATE putting plain old "toggle" switches on projects, especially if its something I might want to test market someday. These have snap in mounting and have a lip, making them pretty forgiving of slightly crooked cut out holes. BUT.. having dozens of uses is a LONG way from using 1000 pcs. If I could split this order 4 ways I think that would be much more realistic. And even if I had to then re-mail 250 of them to each co-buyer, I'm sure they are very light and couldn't cost more than about $5 to mail. So anyway, I'm looking for a few more people that think these would be good to have. I don't want anyone's money, just a virtual hand shake commitment.

For 250 of these at the quoted shipped price of $140, that would be $35, plus... lets assume another $5 for me to send you your portion. It can be less if more people jump in, but I personally want somewhere between 100 and 250 of them. Look at the ad and write to me here if you're interested, along with some way to privately send you one of my personal email addresses. We can always settle up with either paypal, a check, whatever. Since the supplier is in China, I'm sure we'll have to wait at least 1/2 a month. You can also write me here... r_constan@elfintechnologies.com

Old 6th June 2013, 04:15 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to sq225917
Make sure they provide you with a genuine certification before you buy it. A close friend has just purchased 15k mains switches that were not certified as promised and thus he cannot use them in his products.
Old 6th June 2013, 05:00 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the tip. In my case, due to the voltages I'll typically be using (low voltage or battery sources), I'll likely not need to worry about things like U/L approval. But its a good point just the same!

Hide this!Advertise here!