• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

tiny switches found, but 1000 pc min. Wanna split?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
After a long painstaking search for the smallest rocker switches made, I found a supplier on alibaba...

Mini 10x15mm Snap-in On/off 2 Terminals Rocker Switch - Buy Rocker Switch,Miniature Rocker Switch,Electrical Switch Product on Alibaba.com

Only 15mm! Perfect for some of my products, but 1000 pc minimum :eek: . The price seems super low, but after requesting I quote I was told...

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1000PCS+Ship by FedEx=140USD

So I have to assume the sellers actual price is at the high end of his posted price, about a dime each, and the rest goes for shipping. That still really comes out to a total of only 14¢ each, but its a lot for me to spend. Unfortunately the seller also was adamant about the 1000 pc minimum, which I understand for things posted on alibaba..

Well its still a good price, and I can personally think of dozens of uses for such a tiny switch. I HATE putting plain old "toggle" switches on projects, especially if its something I might want to test market someday. These have snap in mounting and have a lip, making them pretty forgiving of slightly crooked cut out holes. BUT.. having dozens of uses is a LONG way from using 1000 pcs. If I could split this order 4 ways I think that would be much more realistic. And even if I had to then re-mail 250 of them to each co-buyer, I'm sure they are very light and couldn't cost more than about $5 to mail. So anyway, I'm looking for a few more people that think these would be good to have. I don't want anyone's money, just a virtual hand shake commitment.

For 250 of these at the quoted shipped price of $140, that would be $35, plus... lets assume another $5 for me to send you your portion. It can be less if more people jump in, but I personally want somewhere between 100 and 250 of them. Look at the ad and write to me here if you're interested, along with some way to privately send you one of my personal email addresses. We can always settle up with either paypal, a check, whatever. Since the supplier is in China, I'm sure we'll have to wait at least 1/2 a month. You can also write me here... r_constan@elfintechnologies.com

[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.