digital oscilloscope group buy - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th September 2013, 02:39 PM   #21
diyAudio Member

I suspect a new digital Rigol should last almost forever. Though soon I'll have to start considering just whether tools will outlast me.
Old 5th September 2013, 10:15 PM   #22
diyAudio Member

Default Look at Hantek

Hantek makes both stand alone Oscilloscope and PC based units. They also
make automotive electronic tools to test cars for problems.
Old 6th September 2013, 03:16 PM   #23
diyAudio Member

Default Hantek PC Based all-in-one unit

This unit from Hantek, seems to do it all:

5-in-1 Oscilloscope/Spectrum Analyzer/Frequency Counter/Logic Analyzer/AWG,Hantek DSO 3062AL

By Hantek

They also offer normal oscilloscope's as well:

Digital Storage Oscilloscope Dso5000b Sieries Dso5202b 200mhz 1gsa/s

Amazon.com sells them. Take care.
Old 7th September 2013, 06:18 AM   #24
canvas is offline canvas  Taiwan
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avp1 View Post
Group buy for Rigol 2072 would be a best option. Their 1000 series is at rock bottom price already.
True. Rigol 2072 is currently the best buy. It has 500uv/div vertical range which means it has very low noise floor.
Old 9th September 2013, 03:29 AM   #25
mksung is offline mksung  Taiwan
diyAudio Member

Could the Red Pitaya is good for audio, as it has only 60Mhz and 125 Msps?
Old 9th September 2013, 10:29 PM   #26
avp1 is offline avp1  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mksung View Post
Could the Red Pitaya is good for audio, as it has only 60Mhz and 125 Msps?
Generally you need at least 10 data points for each full signal cycle (20 would be better). So for 60 MHz bandwidth you need at least 600 Msps to see somesthing that resembles actual waveform.
Old 10th September 2013, 02:18 PM   #27
mksung is offline mksung  Taiwan
diyAudio Member

avp1:

Thanks for your advice, and can you more detail about the sample rate? As I know Nyquist: Fs≧2×fMAX, it description 125 Msps that can reproduce 60Mhz analog. In the meantime, the Red Pitaya provide 14bits resolution that is better than many low price oscilloscope.

Thanks,
Old 10th September 2013, 11:13 PM   #28
avp1 is offline avp1  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mksung View Post
avp1:

Thanks for your advice, and can you more detail about the sample rate? As I know Nyquist: Fs≧2×fMAX, it description 125 Msps that can reproduce 60Mhz analog. In the meantime, the Red Pitaya provide 14bits resolution that is better than many low price oscilloscope.

Thanks,
Nyquist theorem assumes constant sine wave wich does not change for infinite time. When signal changes over time you need to look at spectrum. To see something similar to original waveform you have to account for 5-10 harmonics (with the worst case being square wave) . 14 bits is nice to have, but in practice 8-10 bits is enough for OSCILLOSCOPE. For high precision measurements you need spectrum analyzer. There you should have at least 20 bits to do measurements at -120dB (noise and distortion level of modern audio electronics) and below.
Old 12th September 2013, 06:55 AM   #29
diyAudio Member

I've been reading blogs and watching video reviews and blogs. I'm convinced the current digital scopes are superior to the old analog ones. The problem to me is that much like digital cameras, the digital 'scopes get much better every year. Unlike the camera analogy, the old analog 'scopes don't have any huge operational cost disadvantage, so admittedly they do work as well as ever and used they give the same bang for the depreciated buck. These guys are high-volume sellers and will do small discounts on small quantities without requiring us to buy a franchise LOL.
Digital Storage Oscilloscopes (DSO)

You know how many Intel chips are identical, but the slower ones have identical cost and yield and are purposely slowed to satisfy a price point? Same thing with Rigol oscilloscopes, several models have identical hardware with software speed limits imposed for pricing reasons, and hackers have figured out how to 'unlock' for instance some 50 MHZ digital 'scopes to change them into the high-priced high-perf model (but you have to re-load software after every power-on).

The DS2072 is pretty impressive, but more impressive if you can unlock it to function as a DS2102. Still it's over $1200

The entry-level DS1052E used to be $700, now it's $325 and I think it can be hacked into running as a DS1102E with twice the bandwidth.
Old 16th September 2013, 11:12 AM   #30
diyAudio Member

Default Ipad osccilloscope

Found this the other day, thought you might like

Mixed Signal Oscilloscope - iMSO-104 | Oscium

Hide this!Advertise here!