• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

digital oscilloscope group buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hantek PC Based all-in-one unit

This unit from Hantek, seems to do it all:

5-in-1 Oscilloscope/Spectrum Analyzer/Frequency Counter/Logic Analyzer/AWG,Hantek DSO 3062AL

By Hantek

They also offer normal oscilloscope's as well:

Digital Storage Oscilloscope Dso5000b Sieries Dso5202b 200mhz 1gsa/s

Amazon.com sells them. Take care.:)

avp1:

Thanks for your advice, and can you more detail about the sample rate? As I know Nyquist: Fs≧2×fMAX, it description 125 Msps that can reproduce 60Mhz analog. In the meantime, the Red Pitaya provide 14bits resolution that is better than many low price oscilloscope.

Thanks,

avp1:

Thanks for your advice, and can you more detail about the sample rate? As I know Nyquist: Fs≧2×fMAX, it description 125 Msps that can reproduce 60Mhz analog. In the meantime, the Red Pitaya provide 14bits resolution that is better than many low price oscilloscope.

Thanks,

Nyquist theorem assumes constant sine wave wich does not change for infinite time. When signal changes over time you need to look at spectrum. To see something similar to original waveform you have to account for 5-10 harmonics (with the worst case being square wave) . 14 bits is nice to have, but in practice 8-10 bits is enough for OSCILLOSCOPE. For high precision measurements you need spectrum analyzer. There you should have at least 20 bits to do measurements at -120dB (noise and distortion level of modern audio electronics) and below.

I've been reading blogs and watching video reviews and blogs. I'm convinced the current digital scopes are superior to the old analog ones. The problem to me is that much like digital cameras, the digital 'scopes get much better every year. Unlike the camera analogy, the old analog 'scopes don't have any huge operational cost disadvantage, so admittedly they do work as well as ever and used they give the same bang for the depreciated buck. These guys are high-volume sellers and will do small discounts on small quantities without requiring us to buy a franchise LOL.
Digital Storage Oscilloscopes (DSO)

You know how many Intel chips are identical, but the slower ones have identical cost and yield and are purposely slowed to satisfy a price point? Same thing with Rigol oscilloscopes, several models have identical hardware with software speed limits imposed for pricing reasons, and hackers have figured out how to 'unlock' for instance some 50 MHZ digital 'scopes to change them into the high-priced high-perf model (but you have to re-load software after every power-on).

The DS2072 is pretty impressive, but more impressive if you can unlock it to function as a DS2102. Still it's over $1200

The entry-level DS1052E used to be $700, now it's $325 and I think it can be hacked into running as a DS1102E with twice the bandwidth.

I would have very few moral objections. I am more outraged that the mfgr purposely degrades the function in order to hit a lower price/performance point, then charges more for the same cost of mfg to hit a higher price/performance point. It shows how little interest there is in maximizing value for the customer against mfg cost. Cost has so little to do with marketing it's sick and twisted. They could obviously make the full-performance model and sell it for the low-performance price and still enjoy the same profit as they do with the low-performance model now.

My scope situation

I don't mess with audio stuff so much these days. Mostly car ignition and engine management stuff. Having a DSO since end of September is the ducks guts. Collect say 20 seconds of waveform and then being able to zoom in 100,000:1 is great.

Here's a great rundown about the pros and cons of simple vs better DSOs

EEVblog #451 - Rigol DS1052E vs DS2072 Oscilloscope - YouTube

Attachments

• Shed 004.jpg
    Shed 004.jpg
    517.8 KB · Views: 519
  • Shed 007.jpg
    Shed 007.jpg
    489.3 KB · Views: 511
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.