My_Ref Fremen Edition Interest/Group Buy - Page 15 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th March 2013, 03:14 PM   #141
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to voxxonline
Refinement, refinement and only refinement. My ratio is 90 music 10 films.
Old 11th March 2013, 08:28 PM   #142
Reality first!
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcmbob View Post
My idea of the best path is to build the FEs first and try them with your speakers.
Absolutely
Old 12th March 2013, 12:13 AM   #143
tome is offline tome  Macedonia
diyAudio Member

i just see this GB, i hope is not too late to join with 2 boards (one stereo set)
Old 12th March 2013, 01:07 AM   #144
Reality first!
diyAudio Member

You have a PM
Old 12th March 2013, 01:39 AM   #145
Kreisky is offline Kreisky  Italy
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Kreisky,

My idea of the best path is to build the FEs first and try them with your speakers. As reported earlier, I built a sub using a driver with an 66 lb magnet and a 500 W Bash amp (Carver Sunfire Clone). Haven't even turned it on for stereo since the beta FE build. I only keep it for the occasional block-buster movie - but even then it's connected to a separate Denon HT receiver. You might not need a sub at all. I'm using 8" woofers and am quite happy with how it fills the room with these amps.

IMHO, the heart of the MyRef series and the FEs in particular, is the emphasis on "refinement" more than power or high output. Potential builders should keep that in mind while considering system configurations. My personal interest in biamping is sound quality and definition, not necessarily higher SPL.
Thanks Bob for your advice, I agree with you.
The first thing I will do is trying My-ref FE with my speaker. I am going slightly OT, sorry, but just to explain what I have done until now.
I have build a 2 ways speaker with 6" mid-woofer in Bass Reflex tuned to 40hz. The speaker are 20 liter and sound good, they are on stand. I have work a lot in the box (+/- liter) and port (+- fb). The bass is well defined and "fast" at mid and high SPL but it is not enough present when I listen, as I ofetn do, at low SPL.
Once finished this work, I look at them and thought: why don't you eliminate the stands and put a woofer or subwoofer in sealed box for each speaker? But I have max 25 liter and maybe subwoofers it's a better solution. Isn't it ? From 40hz to 80hz. I dont need to go down to 20hz.
Anyway, I will do first My-ref FE and I will decide if going on with this project. And if I go on with bi-amp I will utilize first the My-ref FE for mid-high and the My-ref C for the subwoofer. If My-ref C has not enough power to drive 2 subwoofers then I will buy a amp like UCD400 or equivalent.
I don't watch film, just listen to music, I love piano, classic music, jazz, not too much rock... yesterday I was listening to Caetano Veloso at low SPL and it lacks some bass frequencies, like percussion and bass.
/OT

Bye
marco
Old 12th March 2013, 01:58 PM   #146
diyAudio Member

Like this:

Do you think it is a bad path/project?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0101.jpg (75.9 KB, 143 views)
Old 12th March 2013, 02:26 PM   #147
bcmbob is offline bcmbob  United States
diyAudio Member

marco, sounds like you are moving in the right direction. Since you are concerned with the low end, the investment in the 10.000 Mundorf AG caps is highly recommended. Looking forward to your reports.
Old 12th March 2013, 09:42 PM   #148
diyAudio Member

Quote:
marco, sounds like you are moving in the right direction. Since you are concerned with the low end, the investment in the 10.000 Mundorf AG caps is highly recommended. Looking forward to your reports.
Ok, thanks
Old 14th March 2013, 05:24 PM   #149
diyAudio Member

HI, I am new here. How do I order a kit?
Best
Old 14th March 2013, 05:41 PM   #150
Marra is offline Marra  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Best to send Clavefreeman[Dario] a PM to see if he has any spare boards.

Last edited by Marra; 14th March 2013 at 05:48 PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!