• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

My_Ref Fremen Edition Interest/Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I will do a second run GB later, hopefully before summer.

I missed the first group buy, therfore it would be great if there is a second group buy in the next weeks. I am in for 6-7 PCBs.

The supply for LM318 in your enhancement of Mauros Design is hopefully a big improvement. A few years ago I have build already a pair of MyRefC and I liked it very much.

BR,

I missed the first group buy, therfore it would be great if there is a second group buy in the next weeks. I am in for 6-7 PCBs.

Fine.

GB will start the first week of May

The supply for LM318 in your enhancement of Mauros Design is hopefully a big improvement. A few years ago I have build already a pair of MyRefC and I liked it very much.

The PS it's not the only enhancement, also:

• different grounding
  • different compensation
  • double diode bridge
  • use of high quality SMD parts
  • PCB with groundplanes
  • etc.
;)

Joined 2004
Paid Member
The PS it's not the only enhancement, also:

• different grounding
  • different compensation
  • double diode bridge
  • use of high quality SMD parts
  • PCB with groundplanes
  • etc.
;)

I know you have improved many points in comparision to orignal layout. And I appreciate this a lot.
I liked the original MyRef, but there was slight sensitivity in picking up HF noise and distortion. When using a light switch or a mobile phone in near of the amp it causes audible minor distiortion. Never had this with any amp before and do not know if it was caused by feedback loop, filter or supply reasons.
The new grounding and groundplanes, different compensation and improved power supply will eleminate these problems I guess.
BR,
Arne

BR,

I've made a retrofit on the original MyRefC with shunt regs for the Lm318 and it was a very nice and audible improvement. In this matter, in my opinion, the next improvement would be a separate transformer only for Lm318.

I would like if somebody ever compare with Denon or Marantz stereo amplifier. Is My Ref FE has big improvement of the sound? I just calculate the PCB and all of the component and also with cover, My Ref FE has similar price with entry level of Denon / Marantz stereo amplifier.

Is it worth for build one?

I would like if somebody ever compare with Denon or Marantz stereo amplifier. Is My Ref FE has big improvement of the sound? I just calculate the PCB and all of the component and also with cover, My Ref FE has similar price with entry level of Denon / Marantz stereo amplifier.

Is it worth for build one?

Forget about those entry level Japanese amps, even the original My_Ref I have built years agao, it already perform at the same level of Naim 5i, now the FE edition with a good preamp, will easily compare with any famous brands cost around $20K!

I can't comment about Naim, but I agree with goldkenn. The FE is a huge step up in sound quality from consumer receivers. I used to believe that consumer electronics had good enough specs that it wasn't worth the effort for better amplifiers. I was wrong. The FE has fuller, more detailed sound with a better soundstage than I thought was possible from my lowly speakers.

Build a pair. It will be worth the effort.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.