• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

My_Ref Fremen Edition Interest/Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Clave's post195 shows the protection diodes perfectly.

This is shown on very many schematics.
Sometimes just two inverse parallel diodes, sometimes just a single diode to protect against reverse voltage on a polar electrolytic.

This diode protection, but using HIGH current diodes, should also be applied to the resistor that separates the Signal Ground from the Power Ground. Two inverse parallel 1n4001 pass Fault current that comes in via the Interconnect from a faulty piece of mains powered gear and allows it to pass to Chassis and thence to Protective Earth. The Fuse in the Faulty gear blows and the user is saved from electrocution. This is one I learned of fairly recently on this Forum. But if you don't read you don't see the advice.

But the problem seems to be that some Members get so engrossed in their pet project that they do no research and miss all these tips and when a Member points out their lack of research it is interpreted as interfering and unhelpful.

Is there a reason the specified resistor must be used? Must it be MELF? This loads the mute pin. Is there any signal passing through it?

Hi Tom,

during Beta I was experimenting 1206 KOA RK73 in place of the specced MELF carbon film for R2 and I was experiencing some lack of bass and fullness.

When the carbon melf come back also bass and fullness I was used to come back...

So yes R2 has an effect on sound and the carbon MELF seem so far the best bet.

Probably a 1206 Susumu would also fare very well but with a bit less impact.

Other MELFs are metal film, the specced one is carbon film 2%.

Buyed locally the MELF costs around 0.76€ each, most of the cost is the shipping fee...

One nice pic:

attachment.php

Boards arrived sooner than expected... :)

Attachments

• DSC_0428.jpg
    DSC_0428.jpg
    281.5 KB · Views: 545
Last edited:
More pics

I've attached more pictures... boards are gorgeous. :)

Tomorrow I'll build two monoblocks as a quality check, after that I'll order parts for those that asked it.

4x Elna RJHs -> 4.5€
2x CMA0204 for R2 ->2.5€

Pinnocchio 1 set
ivanslade 1 set
voxxonline 1 set
syklab 1 set

I imagine that each partecipant is asking for both Elnas and CMAs, right?

Attachments

• IMG_2381_1024.jpg
    IMG_2381_1024.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_2382_1024.jpg
    IMG_2382_1024.jpg
    388.8 KB · Views: 226
I read you guys busy for starting parts mini GB, but I only waiting for the PCBs, so when will the PCBs start shipping?

You should have a bit patience...

I've just removed from my RC boards parts I need for the build.

I'm starting to build a monoblock for quality check, so to be sure that what I'm shipping works as expected.

After that I have to prepare bags and compile modules for shipping, no boards could be shippend before monday.

What can I say for sure is that next week first packages will ship.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.