• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Primrose(SumR Audio) Toroid GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sorry, Luvdunhill. I got it. Before shipping, I will confirm all info, to be safe.

Well, mine arrived to the wrong address. I got lucky as USPS forwarded it. More problematic is mine don't have dual primaries. I'm not sure how this got mixed up, but now I need to decide what I'm going to do with these... :mad:

I'm going to do some testing tonite and see how hot they get at full load :)

I apologize if there was a mis-communication. I checked both your emails and the GB sheet and did not see any notation about dual primaries. I believe they are only necessary if you need the ability to do 230V connection. If you do not want the transformer, I will return your money and you can ship it back. I apologize about the address. I think in trying to make sure i put the most recent one, I got it mixed up with the old. Iam pretty sure you sent both.

By other 2 transformer arrived today.
Thanks a lot, Buzz. Just curious, did you measure your bicep before and after the GB :)

Now, I may have a problem with the toroids that I ordered for my F5X amps.
I didn't order the toroids potted, but they are. Obviously, I didn't pay for this
option. So, did anyone order the 600VA 15x2 (RC0600 915 5) potted but received
naked? My fear is that, the potted toroids have larger foot prints that will not
fit the EUVL state of art chassis.

Alazira, did you order the toroids for your F5X? If so, did you get the potted toroids?
If so, you may have the same problem as mine.

Buzz, do you think Richard can offer the same price if he runs a couple the same
toroids but unpotted for me?

I will post some picture to compare the potted and unpotted toroids.

Thanks!!

Thanks a lot, Buzz. Just curious, did you measure your bicep before and after the GB :)

I didn't order the toroids potted, but they are. Obviously, I didn't pay for this
naked? My fear is that, the potted toroids have larger foot prints that will not

Alazira, did you order the toroids for your F5X? If so, did you get the potted toroids?

Buzz, do you think Richard can offer the same price if he runs a couple the same

Thanks!!

Pictures of the naked and potted versions.
The major difference is the height - more than 3/4" clearance.

Attachments

• DSC07979.JPG
    DSC07979.JPG
    429.9 KB · Views: 151
  • DSC07978.JPG
    DSC07978.JPG
    476.5 KB · Views: 142

Thanks!!

Hi,
Well, I opened my [RC0600 915 5] and they are not potted (as ordered). They do fit in the EUVL F5X chassis, with a few mm of give actually. I can see from the pics that those potted ones will not fit, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.