• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Amanero Isolator/Reclocker GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2010
Paid Member
Hi Enrico,

I am unsure how extensive is your tix/pop but my setup is running very smoothly without an issue if the current playing track was allowed to finish and flows over to the next in the playlist. The tiny tix noise (only last millisecond) is only occurring when I skip (press the >>| button) during a track is playing. This coincides with the spidf input of this DDDAC. Similar issue was detected and also reported to Doede back dated when I have initially built this DDDAC. Doede acknowledged and has advised "no drama for concerning". Therefore, it is likely that this design of DDDAC is the culprit as being "None OverSampling" and zero digital filter(s), unlike others?

Just in case you haven't notice, there is no different in whatsoever if the image is loaded from MicroSD or eMMC. If any, eMMC is more convenience, maybe?

I hope it helps?
Regards,
Chanh

Ciao Chan,
Unfortunately my pops/click and jumps are longest... 3/4 seconds for the 192 traces up to 10/12 for the 44.1 and ONLY at the beginning of the trace disregarding if from the same album or from another.
So, is not only really annoying but also dangerous for my speakes, some clics are very strong.
I never used the SPDIF but is the first time after more than one year that I use the Doede dac that I have this kind of issue. No problem with the rpi nor with the Edel (that is amazing btw).
I will let you know the end of the story if I can install it in the eMMC

Cheers,
Enrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by lintweaker View Post
Bit late to the party, not sure if it's still open:
Yes, still open. Waiting for prototype boards to turn up, ETA mid-March...

SuperCape EOI:

PET-240 x 2
Chanh x2
Acko x1
Stijn001 x1
Emyeuoi x 2
Mull3t x2
Myint 67x1
bk856er x1
Supersurfer x1
RollE2k x1
Crazikid x 1
Nautibuoy x1
DQ828 x 1
Lindamar x 2
iancortez x 1
CAAD x 1
Greg Stewart x 1 (but you knew that, Acko... also, maybe x 2)
IanS1 x 1
tods 1x
wlowes x 1
odem81 x1
ochabo x1
potstip x1
dwjames x1
vanofmonks x1
wollie x 2
jarrettv x 1
MadKid x 1
mvaldes x 1
lintweaker x 1
mbcoffman x 1

AKL-S03b

New revision board with provisions for connecting to an external master clock or even slaving to a system clock.
Since clock is the reference for all the timing you may want to use even higher performance ones like Pulsar or Galaxy Clocks. The on-board clocks can be disabled for this purpose

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
New revision board with provisions for connecting to an external master clock or even slaving to a system clock.
Since clock is the reference for all the timing you may want to use even higher performance ones like Pulsar or Galaxy Clocks. The on-board clocks can be disabled for this purpose

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

well done!

SuperCape EOI:

PET-240 x 2
Chanh x2
Acko x1
Stijn001 x1
Emyeuoi x 2
Mull3t x2
Myint 67x1
bk856er x1
Supersurfer x1
RollE2k x1
Crazikid x 1
Nautibuoy x1
DQ828 x 1
Lindamar x 2
iancortez x 1
CAAD x 1
Greg Stewart x 1 (but you knew that, Acko... also, maybe x 2)
IanS1 x 1
tods 1x
wlowes x 1
odem81 x1
ochabo x1
potstip x1
dwjames x1
vanofmonks x1
wollie x 2
jarrettv x 1
MadKid x 1
mvaldes x 1
lintweaker x 1
mbcoffman x 1
cyrilliu x 1

Nice Acko!
I hope to utilise this for my next build, a DSD DAC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When we examine the square wave on i2s signal with oscilloscope, what termination probe we used? 50 or 75 Ohm?
From what I know, at the spdif signal it needs a 75ohm termination resistor (through or T) for right measuring.
But at the i2s signal with u.fl...the resistance of u.fl cables is 50R.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.