• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Amanero Isolator/Reclocker GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For NDK and Crystek, 50 pcs minimum quantity per value or manufacturer?

Unit price indicated is for batch of 50pcs. Manufacturers may not commit to supply lower quantity. Plan is to take the popular model on the list and advise further.

GB is open to all if these clocks are suitable for your other projects -not just for use with S03

Last edited:
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Hi All,

... I have a question that I hope one of you (maybe Acko?) can shed some light on:

I'm currently testing the AKL-AMN-S02 isolator PCB with the Amanero combo384 and an XO board with a 24.576 MHz oscillator and it seems to work: When the Amanero get's the external 24.576 MHz clock (RCK) there's a bitclock and LRCK output from it.

I just wonder how I get this RCK (XO clock) to go back to the Amanero board while maintaining both MCLK and ground isolation?

The Si844X & 8221 series of isolators that are used on the board have some versions that are bidirectional on two pins on both sides of the isolation, however, as far as I can see this possibility has not been implemented on the S02 board ... ? When I measure the signal on either of the "side 2" pins of the isolators there's no RCK signal ... Is this because it is not feasible to lead the RCK back to the Amanero board - or did I somehow miss something?

I'd appreciate if one of you have experience with this ...

Cheers ;-)

Jesper

Last edited:
Joined 2007
Paid Member
... and then in case I'd like to know that I'm playing a DSD signal then I take the DSDOE directly from the Amanero pin - right ;-) ?
Jesper

Yes, if your DAC or other connected system requires DSD signalling to operate correctly. FYI, ESS DACs can detect and play DSD automatically and therefore this signal may not be necessary.

Attachments

• NDK Sync XO.png
    NDK Sync XO.png
    46.6 KB · Views: 692
Any light we could gather 50 pcs to make the group buy happens? :p

I think it would be a good idea to post a new separate thread for this in the group buy forum, to get more people interested, and the GB rolling.

making enquiries already, for a limited number of samples to get going.
This is already a GB thread and closely related to the re-clocker application. Not sure how else we can get more to be interested?

If you have samples to start with it is great. I was thinking that a new thread for only clocks could make interest from people that does have other reclockers like ians fifo and so on. Since there havent been any source for 9x.xxMhz clocks except sil (which is not the best) as far as i know.
Anyway, as long as you are certain we will reach the amount - then no hurry for me, since i wont neehd them right now.

Guys, I'm still on the fence. My primary requirement is get some clocks for the up and coming BBB Cape . Can anybody shed some light on if these clocks would work? If so more people eagerly anticipating the BBB Cape might be intrested in these clocks as well..

Meant to match the S03 boards. May be suitable for other applications but please check carefully if they suit. Sorry, no support available if used elsewhere.

Joined 2003
Paid Member
It will take ~2-4wks to firm up everything for pricing and availability. I will be a fully populated board. "Batteries not included ..."

Yes, isolated I2C will be good but prefer to be on the UPS cape rather than going through the S03 board. So no changes to the S03 board

Thanks for your input :)

Acko,

Any updates on the BBB UPS cape? Very interested in this, especially as a way to keep from killing BBB's via improper shutdown.

TIA!

Greg in Mississippi

Hi Acko,

What's the status of NDK GB? Have you place order for the samples yet? If not I will go for NDK instead of waiting 575s.

Thanks

NDK ones are already in order and due in ~ 2wks time for the initial batch
There is one more left if you wish to order now. After this lead time is again 4-6wks

Last edited:
After a very long hiatus, finally ready to purchase components and populate my S03 board. A bit fuzzy on the details after so long. Chain is Combo384 + S03 + Otto-II + Buffalo-II with 100MHz clock. I should be looking at CCHD957 @ 45.x/49.xMHz, right?

BK

For BUFF-II/IIIs with its own 100MHz clock in asynchronous mode it is best to use just a single CCHD 575 100MHz XO for the S03 board.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.