• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Amanero Isolator/Reclocker GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Synchronous Re-Clocker for Amanero

I am planning to roll out a new model by combining the Master Clock, Re-clocker and Isolator cct all onto a single board. It will specifically target the Amanero with FW update to take external clock (22.xx/24.xxMHz). Ref: App Notes, Full Sync mode. The external interconnects like RCK and CKSEL are now integrated on board with short traces and layout optimised. The Amanero unit will plug on board as shown to form an enhanced USB-I2S DSD transport

Attachments

• AKL-AMN-S03.PNG
    AKL-AMN-S03.PNG
    50.8 KB · Views: 533
  • AKL-AMN-S03-Amanero.PNG
    AKL-AMN-S03-Amanero.PNG
    34.4 KB · Views: 530
Last edited:
I like it! Compact is all well and good, but performance should be the primary goal. Hmmm...to build up the discrete boards on hand now or wait for the optimized/unified board?

BK

Limited discounted offer + free shipping for current users and a free board each for those who helped with the testing and evaluation, thank you:)

I like it! Compact is all well and good, but performance should be the primary goal. Hmmm...to build up the discrete boards on hand now or wait for the optimized/unified board?

BK

I was thinking about that too, because I haven't built up my AKX302, yet, then I realised that I can now build the AKX302 for a single clock freq and use the discrete boards for asynch reclocking and the revised board for synch re-clocking.

New board looks good Acko! I agree with bk856er, board size looks good and compact already and keeping physically away from the Amanero parts helps keep the sensitive part of circuit away from the noisy CPLD/. To go any smaller you'd be using quad FF and probably 4+ layer PCB to get all the signals in/out of the quad FF.

zero ppm hey? sorry ... that can only be marketing

OK its using something like Si5338, yes zero ppm seems to be more of a marketing term. it relates only to programmable frequency setting resolution, not jitter. its not clear if it even applies to any type of long term frequency accuracy, just the setting resolution

Last edited:
still an interesting part, not sure if thats the exact one used? but the Si5338 has period jitter of 10ps with LVDS mode, it states it could be higher (means it is) with single ended output. handy, but not the last word in jitter. which part is your board using?

Synchronous Re-Clocker for Amanero

I am planning to roll out a new model by combining the Master Clock, Re-clocker and Isolator cct all onto a single board. It will specifically target the Amanero with FW update to take external clock (22.xx/24.xxMHz). Ref: App Notes, Full Sync mode. The external interconnects like RCK and CKSEL are now integrated on board with short traces and layout optimised. The Amanero unit will plug on board as shown to form an enhanced USB-I2S DSD transport

Latest preview. Priced at USD 25 +shipping, board only.
For those who have already purchased the discrete re-clocker board (S01/S02), discounted offer of $10 and free shipping-offer limited to 1 board only.
A minimum quantity to cover fab cost required before proceeding. GB List

Attachments

• AKL-AMN-S03.PNG
    AKL-AMN-S03.PNG
    56.6 KB · Views: 1,057
  • AKL-AMN-S03-Amanero.PNG
    AKL-AMN-S03-Amanero.PNG
    40.3 KB · Views: 1,056
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.