• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Amanero Isolator/Reclocker GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Support Files Update

One more question... R8 is not in the component list for AKX302 that i have, what resistance should it be?
And also for R3/R4 is it important that they are exactly 22R? because i ordered wrong - 20R, does they still work as good?

R8 is missing. anything from 20R-33R thin film or better for all R3/R4 and R8/R9

Hi, I made a slight mess with the schematics! Board is correct but last minute changes not reflected correctly.
R8 should have been 47K and not 20R as indicated earlier

There is an new update for download for registered users. Please use the link given before or here .
Changes:
1. Schematic corrected for CKSEL resistors
2. BOM updated for R5,R6,R8

Support Files-AKX302

Hi, I made a slight mess with the schematics! Board is correct but last minute changes not reflected correctly.
R8 should have been 47K and not 20R as indicated earlier

There is an new update for download for registered users. Please use the link given before or here .
Changes:
1. Schematic corrected for CKSEL resistors
2. BOM updated for R5,R6,R8

Registered users of Clock Board AKX302 only

I was planning on using the Sigma 25 to power both the clock board and the re-clocker with 5v. I know that the re-clocker needs >100mA. I'd just need to be able to figure out how much the clock board is going to need to determine how much current my supply needs to be providing. My goal is to try isolation with re-clocking - sync mode (pg. 3) on the App Notes.pdf. So it looks like I don't need dual clocks. Is this possible with the AKX302 XO module to just use one clock? Would a datasheet provide the current needs of a particular 49.152 XO?

This is all going into curryman's v2 9023 board that "does" allow for ext. MCLK. Now that I know the Subbu v3 doesn't have that ability, I'll stick with Amanero > Isolation > Subbu v3 to compare Async vs. Sync.

Last edited:
Off the top of my head I would expect Isol+FF+XO+Clock driver IC + Clock divider FF to all still be less than 100mA. XO datasheet will tell you the load, max load for CCHD957 is 25mA.

The CKSEL can be configured in one position and use one XO only on the AKX302. This is how I will use it with at least one of mine. I'll be using AKD23 for my DACs :)

My goal is to try isolation with re-clocking - sync mode (pg. 3) on the App Notes.pdf. So it looks like I don't need dual clocks. Is this possible with the AKX302 XO module to just use one clock?

Only one XO (X1) needed on the AKX302 board and output goes to RCK of AKL-AMN board. No CLSEL cct/connection or divider sections required. The re-clocked MCLK (22.xxx/24.xx) output from AKL-AMN goes to MCLK input of DAC The 49.xxx type for X1 (RCK) will do but higher ones with low jitter preferable as this is actually async wrt transport MCK causing modulation error. The higher the RCK freq the smaller the error.

compare Async vs. Sync.
You will see that the Sync mode is better. More details and soundstage!

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.