• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Amanero Isolator/Reclocker GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well I got it working. I flipped it around and ran the BIII 3.3V to the input side of the isolator & the Arduino 5V to the output side & made sure I had the SCL & SDA lines connected in the right place.

Of course there's always an issue, once the Arduino & BIII where electrically isolated, I got a low level noise thru the speakers that wasn't there before.
The noise goes away if I link BIII & Arduino main ground points.

bigpandahk,

Are you inputting 5V on J6? Both 3.3V headers are for the DAC side.

Do you have the schematic, it shows J4/J5 connected together. Check with a meter if they're connected ...

Chris

Oh, both are for DAC side. Thanks hochopeper.

I don't have the schematic, where can I find it?

One more question : I understand the RCLK is for reclock and I will connect it to i570 MCLK. How about for async mode? shall I connect the RCLK to MCLK of the isolator?

Last edited:
Oh, both are for DAC side. Thanks hochopeper.

I don't have the schematic, where can I find it?

One more question : I understand the RCLK is for reclock and I will connect it to i570 MCLK. How about for async mode? shall I connect the RCLK to MCLK of the isolator?

Ask Acko for a copy of the schematic ...

I'm not sure what you mean by the last question??

I know this is a bit OT but I was interested to know what you guys thought was the most appropriated wire gauge for:

1) Signal wire, say from DAC to RCA's etc
2) Hookup wire, say from the isolator to DAC or arduino to other component.
3) Internal Speaker wire say from, Amp to speaker terminals
4) General low voltage say 3.3v to 12v power supply wire.

I know this is a bit OT but I was interested to know what you guys thought was the most appropriated wire gauge for:

1) Signal wire, say from DAC to RCA's etc

Wire gauge is probably less significant here than capacitance and signal/return/shield geometry for electric and magnetic field rejection.

22 or 24awg is what I end up using though I guess, though I don't think about that so much.

2) Hookup wire, say from the isolator to DAC or arduino to other component.

If we're talking power lines, whatever is closest, for signal wires, it depends on the signal, for low freq signal like i2c, still whatever is closest and fits in the PCB hole or crimp connector whichever the case may be.

3) Internal Speaker wire say from, Amp to speaker terminals

Depends on speaker efficiency, amp supplying compression driver vs a 4ohm low efficiency midwoofer(s) would probably demand different wire gauge. 14awg would probably cover most practical cases though off the top of my head.

4) General low voltage say 3.3v to 12v power supply wire.

See 2 above. Unless it is wire for a battery charger, then I'd think about it a bit more since they can have a few amps going down them. For anything less than an amp I don't fuss too much.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.