• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Amanero Isolator/Reclocker GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Clock Update-AKX302

Ian'sTPS74A4700

In terms of availability, it is really only available whenever Ian runs a GB, so I'm not sure if I would describe it as 'readily available' though I can't see Ian having a huge objection to someone replicating the PCB since it is relatively simple. A similar circuit could be made on board though the QFN package reg chip isn't as simple (though it certainly is possible) to solder with conventional soldering iron so might not be ideal as the 'default' but it does represent a significant step up in performance over the ADP150.

Added LT6655 based Reg cct on-board (U1, "MSOP8") instead for the AKX302. So several options now:
1. ADP150 LDO cct (on-board) 9uV noise
2. LT6655 Reg cct (on-board) 1uV noise
3. 3-Term Reg mounting point and space for Ian's tps7a4700 (4.8uV noise), Hynes or TPA Trident shunts (?? noise).
4. External 3.3V LiFePO4 bat (J2)

Attachments

• AKX302Prev.png
    AKX302Prev.png
    40.6 KB · Views: 760
Last edited:
Clock Update-AKX302

Added LT6655 based Reg cct on-board (U1, "MSOP8") instead for the AKX302. So several options now:
1. ADP150 LDO cct (on-board) 9uV noise
2. LT6655 Reg cct (on-board) 1uV noise
3. 3-Term Reg mounting point and space for Ian's tps7a4700 (4.8uV noise), Hynes or TPA Trident shunts (?? noise).
4. External 3.3V LiFePO4 bat (J2)

Dual XO upgrade with Full Synchronous Clocking capability

Attachments

• AKX302Prev.png
    AKX302Prev.png
    43.5 KB · Views: 644
That looks like there is enough options to keep everyone experimenting for quite some time Acko!

To keep info on CKSEL logic together here is the quote from Domenico on the Amanero's clock selection logic quoted from the other thread:

MCLK Input is working but it needs a new firmware for the cpld i haven't yet adapted for download. I think to put online the new cpld firmware soon.

When you check MCLK Input, the cpld works in slave mode and it accepts the clock from pin7. Pin1 and Pin11 are used for clock selection.

Which clock Pin1 and Pin11 each select isn't evident from posts on that thread yet but hopefully will become obvious when that firmware is made available.

That looks like there is enough options to keep everyone experimenting for quite some time Acko!

To keep info on CKSEL logic together here is the quote from Domenico on the Amanero's clock selection logic quoted from the other thread:

Which clock Pin1 and Pin11 each select isn't evident from posts on that thread yet but hopefully will become obvious when that firmware is made available.

This will be great and will integrate seamlessly! Yes, the CKSEL will interact with the signals from the transport and if Amanero brings them out to the pins will make it easier. Otherwise, we can still tap the signals from the CPLD. The AKX302 can be used as a simple clock for all the operating modes as shown in the App Notes or as a more elaborate Full Sync Clock - more details soon.

The Clock's really coming along nicely Acko. When do you anticipate freezing it?

I think we are pretty much done with the Clock module design! Just checking all the layout and getting it ready for fab :)

Last edited:
Folks, just to clarify the Amanero Re-Clocker (AKL-AMN-SXX) and the new Clock Module (AKX302) are general purpose designs and can be used with most transports and DACs. References to Amanero USB-I2S and ESS DACs do not limit their suitability for other products of similar nature. I am not exactly following some of the Amanero developments and the apparent close fit match is largely coincidental (apart from the physical fit) but may not meet all the features of the Amanero unit. Of course, your feedback is most welcome to steer this project to favourable levels:)

Last edited:
Those who have not received their boards yet please contact support by replying to the shipment confirmation email that you have received.
Which support?
I only got this shipping confirmation info from "service@paypal.com":

The seller has provided the following Updated Shipment Tracking Information for your review:

Shipping Company: Airmail
Shipment Tracking Number: N/A

I used only minimal components for the exact same configuration: S01 as isolator only. It works great, as expected I might say. From where you are now based on your picture, you just need to get your signals in and out, 5V to the isolated side and power from the USB to the other.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.