• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Amanero Isolator/Reclocker GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
How critical is it to keep all of the coax cables at the same length? I have a BIII and I believe that my RCK coax will need to be a few cm longer than the rest of the coaxes.

It is the cable capacitance to consider. Typical U.FL coax has about 1pf/cm.
Most logic devices can drive reasonably well up to 20pf load (~20cm U.FL cable). Need to check though what the BUFF XO (CCHD950) can drive.

How critical is it to keep all of the coax cables at the same length? I have a BIII and I believe that my RCK coax will need to be a few cm longer than the rest of the coaxes.

its pretty critical, I dont know what specifically you mean by RCK, but whichever you mean, the best way forward is to take the longest length needed and make all the cables that length, even if it means putting a bend in some of them that could be shorter.

It is the cable capacitance to consider. Typical U.FL coax has about 1pf/cm.
Most logic devices can drive reasonably well up to 20pf load (~20cm U.FL cable). Need to check though what the BUFF XO (CCHD950) can drive.

I'm seeing that the CCHD950 is spec'ed at 15pf, which means that I should probably stay below 10cm, given that the buffalo itself has traces and thus adds some capacitance of its own.

Also I will keep all u.fl cables at 10cm.

Thank you for answering. I ordered directly for AckoDAC site.

What do you mean by different terms ?

cheers
Pepe

1. Your name does not get added to the GB list (but order gets processed and you will get the item)
2. Price and/or shipping cost may vary
3. When stock gets exhausted, min qty or higher cost applies

Last edited:
aha, well in that case its equal length probably isnt that relevant is it? sorry I had taken it as LRCK or a typo for DCK (buffalo speak for BCK and D is right next to R on QWERTY) ive not ever seen this notation. Since the question was being asked I presumed it was part of the outgoing group.

120ps delay (or ~50ps/cm) isnt a whole lot either as long as its a clean consistent delay, but its worth keeping in mind.

as long as all the outgoing signals are the same length, RCK should probably just be as short as comfortably possible, as its length will be seen in series with the FF delay and the delay from the 3 coax i2s cables.

my apologies for the confusion dim dim and acko

why would you do that? sorry acko, i'm sure you'll sell this extra unit, but nvduybom, that would be a waste of time, just get the isolator board option for the fifo and forget this reclocker. it will in that circumstance do nothing more than isolate effectively and provide u.fl outputs (which wont connect to the backdoor), everything else it does is duplicated on the fifo and more.

why would you do that? sorry acko, i'm sure you'll sell this extra unit, but nvduybom, that would be a waste of time, just get the isolator board option for the fifo and forget this reclocker. it will in that circumstance do nothing more than isolate effectively and provide u.fl outputs (which wont connect to the backdoor), everything else it does is duplicated on the fifo and more.

Thanks qusp, that's what I need.

no problem, I think....i'm unsure what you are saying you needed, just the advice I gave, or you needed isolation and ufl connections?

the fifo has an isolator option that provides isolation only and has all the interfacing to work within the fifo system. you cannot use the ufl connectionson this reclocker to connect to the backdoor, as that is a molex type header connector when assembled.

this isolator/reclocker is a very nice, neat, compact and cheaper approximation of some of the fifo functionality with the help of an external MCK, but if you have or are getting the fifo its pretty redundant. but for what it does its excellent and supplies suitable reclocking and the proper output section to get the best from amanero as a direct and unbuffered source.

it was not designed for connecting to fifo, it does not have a fifo of its own, it very specifically supplies a neat isolator and reclocker that connects cleanly to amanero and accepts an external clock input.

Last edited:
no problem, I think....i'm unsure what you are saying you needed, just the advice I gave, or you needed isolation and ufl connections?

the fifo has an isolator option that provides isolation only and has all the interfacing to work within the fifo system. you cannot use the ufl connectionson this reclocker to connect to the backdoor, as that is a molex type header connector when assembled.

this isolator/reclocker is a very nice, neat, compact and cheaper approximation of some of the fifo functionality with the help of an external MCK, but if you have or are getting the fifo its pretty redundant. but for what it does its excellent and supplies suitable reclocking and the proper output section to get the best from amanero as a direct and unbuffered source.

it was not designed for connecting to fifo, it does not have a fifo of its own, it very specifically supplies a neat isolator and reclocker that connects cleanly to amanero and accepts an external clock input.

I need the isolator for Amanero connect to Ian SPDIF board (via I2S backdoor) , but first time I DIY DAC kit so ... :( .

It appears that the 9018 DAC uses a kind of "statistical" approach to the analysis of the incoming signals.

If we attempt to sync incoming signals to the 9018 MCLK it appears we remove
the "cues" it work with.

Reclocking with 100 MHz Clock H i F i D U I N O

So Russ is saying, for Es9018, re-clocking is at best pointless, and can actually reduce sound quality ? Cancel the group buy ?

old ESS news, not a specific TP product feature (i've seen this intriguing presentation long ago). and we are left to decuce that is why there hasnt been any actual development of a dual or synchronous clocking scheme? while the rest of the DIY and quite a lot of commercial ESS dacs have been gravitating towards syncronous clocking schemes for the ESS dac. his stance is that the ESS is perfect as it is, some of us disagree

do remember that the reference clock can be anything, using the onboard buff clock is just a suggested experiment

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.