Amanero Isolator/Reclocker GB - Page 80 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th July 2013, 04:52 PM   #791
deanoUK is offline deanoUK  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I am using an Si570 clock board from Ian and manually selecting the frequency -
22/24 Amanero divider set to /1 - OK
45/49 Amanero divider set to /2 - OK
90/98 Amanero divider set to /4 - Not working

Anyone else tried 90/98 ?
Old 29th July 2013, 12:12 PM   #792
DQ828 is offline DQ828  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlack View Post
Must be that the BuffIII/Acko isolator power supplies and the USB are all grounded. My take would be that this is not unusual. Even so, it is the data signals that benefit from isolation, the continuity of grounds depends on the your USB source, if from a PC then I would expect it to be grounded, a laptop may or may not be grounded.
The question is, does it affect the performance? If not sleep well..
I finally made time to work out where the loop is. I was powering the test setup with a Kingrex T class amp that I had connected to the AC power via a SMPS.

If I remove the RCA coming from the amp the loop is broken or if I replace the amps SMPS with the Kingrex Transformer based supply the loop is broken.

So the loop is via the SMPS Earth (AC) wire linking to the Negative (DC) in the SMPS and going through the RCA Grnd to the BIII side of the Isolator, and then coming via the the computer earth to the USB Grnd to the Amanero side of the Isolator.

I started all of this looking for a reason that the Infrared Receiver was playing up, they seem very sensitive to grounding. It is working fine now the loop is broken and I suspect If I connect the two star grounds I have (one for Arduino & one for BIII) the infrared problem will also go away if I canot avoid the loop in my main system.
Old 29th July 2013, 02:33 PM   #793
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQ828 View Post
I finally made time to work out where the loop is. I was powering the test setup with a Kingrex T class amp that I had connected to the AC power via a SMPS.

If I remove the RCA coming from the amp the loop is broken or if I replace the amps SMPS with the Kingrex Transformer based supply the loop is broken.

So the loop is via the SMPS Earth (AC) wire linking to the Negative (DC) in the SMPS and going through the RCA Grnd to the BIII side of the Isolator, and then coming via the the computer earth to the USB Grnd to the Amanero side of the Isolator.

I started all of this looking for a reason that the Infrared Receiver was playing up, they seem very sensitive to grounding. It is working fine now the loop is broken and I suspect If I connect the two star grounds I have (one for Arduino & one for BIII) the infrared problem will also go away if I canot avoid the loop in my main system.
Glad you solved the problem.
Earth and Ground connection definitions should really be made more clear on equipment. As you know Earth and Ground are different things, which cause all sorts of problems when randomly connected together!
Old 31st July 2013, 09:07 AM   #794
diyAudio Member

Got my board yesterday. Thanks again acko!
Old 5th August 2013, 03:24 PM   #795
Can you say Audio?
diyAudio Member

Has anyone had success getting full sync to work? I'll not have a chance to get back to it (in the middle of a move), but I'm curious if anyone's pushed forward since the latest Amanero firmware release. If you have, please share!
Old 5th August 2013, 07:04 PM   #796
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterRogers View Post
Has anyone had success getting full sync to work? I'll not have a chance to get back to it (in the middle of a move), but I'm curious if anyone's pushed forward since the latest Amanero firmware release. If you have, please share!

I have it working with full sync mode with 22/24 and 45/49 clocks.

Can not get my BuffaloIIIse to lock with 90/98 clocks.

BCK and LRCK look the same on my 'scope with 22/24, 45/49 and 90/98 clocks, but I do not have any equipment to make any sense of the data line.
Old 5th August 2013, 07:16 PM   #797
Can you say Audio?
diyAudio Member

That's good news mate! CKSel; pins 1/11 mapped as they should I take it?
Old 6th August 2013, 01:18 AM   #798
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterRogers View Post
That's good news mate! CKSel; pins 1/11 mapped as they should I take it?
I am using an Si570 clock board from Ian and manually selecting the frequency.

WIll do some more testing later today.
Old 6th August 2013, 04:01 AM   #799
acko is offline acko  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanoUK View Post
BCK and LRCK look the same on my 'scope with 22/24, 45/49 and 90/98 clocks,
This is correct:
BCK and LRCK are functions of source sampling frequency(Fs), regardless of MCLK frequencies even if synchronised.
i.e
BCK = 64Fs (32bit data X 2CH)
LRCK = Fs

e.g if playing 192KHz audio then BCK=12.288MHz and LRCK=192KHz.
Please check if this is the case on the scope for 22/24, 45/49 and 90/98MHz MCLKs

Many thanks!
Old 8th August 2013, 01:05 AM   #800
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acko View Post
This is correct:
BCK and LRCK are functions of source sampling frequency(Fs), regardless of MCLK frequencies even if synchronised.
i.e
BCK = 64Fs (32bit data X 2CH)
LRCK = Fs

e.g if playing 192KHz audio then BCK=12.288MHz and LRCK=192KHz.
Please check if this is the case on the scope for 22/24, 45/49 and 90/98MHz MCLKs

Many thanks!
Hi AKO

Agreed.
What I meant was that the fact BCK and LRCK look the same for all MCLK frequencies is a good thing.

Do you have it working with 90/98MHz MCLKs ?

Hide this!Advertise here!