Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th June 2013, 09:12 AM   #721
RollE2k is offline RollE2k  Sweden
diyAudio Member

So it's $15 shipped for us who have already bought the S01/S02? :-)
Old 16th June 2013, 09:22 AM   #722
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

acko, any thoughts on making the section with the clocks on, mechanically isolated as well? like cutting slots that can be snapped and use rubber bands, like Ians clock boards.
Old 17th June 2013, 01:58 AM   #723
hsi68 is offline hsi68  South Korea
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
still an interesting part, not sure if thats the exact one used? but the Si5338 has period jitter of 10ps with LVDS mode, it states it could be higher (means it is) with single ended output. handy, but not the last word in jitter. which part is your board using?
Hi qusp, you look like a detective
Yes, the part is Si5338.
I agree with you that there are some marketing terms.
Old 17th June 2013, 05:24 AM   #724
diyAudio Member

haha no, my 'google fu' mustve just been good that night. I didnt get any hits on your board specifically, it just seemed the most likely part after a quick glance at the datasheet. I typed in 'T-clock zero ppm' and there was only part from Ti, which has 50ppm jitter mentioned in the google hit, then an on-semi part, which I just glossed over. I completely guessed the Si based on having the best printed headline datasheet jitter numbers, but they looked to me like an illusion, especially for audio. I didnt read any other datasheet.
Old 29th June 2013, 02:18 AM   #725
acko is offline acko  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by acko View Post
Latest preview. Priced at USD 25 +shipping, board only.
For those who have already purchased the discrete re-clocker board (S01/S02), discounted offer of $10 and free shipping-offer limited to 1 board only.
A minimum quantity to cover fab cost required before proceeding. GB List
Hi All,

The boards are in fab now and expected sometime next week. Thank you to all those who signed up. There are still a few more available, after which this GB and offer will be closed.
As you can see from the board layout I have opted for Potsemi output stages. These will give better performance especially output drive to DAC inputs. In most cases DAC may be located away from this re-clocker module and connection will be with lengths of cable. Usually this type of signal distribution suits a more elaborate differential drive technique (like ECL or LVDS) but if Potsemi's claim is anything to go by we could get similar benefits from their cmos technology- as described here

Last edited by acko; 29th June 2013 at 02:33 AM.
Old 30th June 2013, 01:49 AM   #726
Can you say Audio?
diyAudio Member

Hey Guys. Finally got around to dropping in a 302 with a couple of oscillators programmed at 90.x & 98.x. I'm using an Isolator with a 712 dropped in, with an Amanero flashed for slave 22/24. Anyway, PCM works fine, but the 9018 isn't switching to DSD mode. Since the flash is now using the DSD ON pin for external MCLK, I'm not sure how it can :-| What am I missing?
Old 30th June 2013, 02:31 AM   #727
diyAudio Member

yeah didnt a few of us bring that conflict up in the amanero thread?
Old 30th June 2013, 02:32 AM   #728
Can you say Audio?
diyAudio Member

Might of - haven't been over there in a bit. I'll re-read.
Old 30th June 2013, 03:29 AM   #729
Mull3t is offline Mull3t  United States
diyAudio Member

I hope I'm in for a full sync board. That's $10/shipped for S01/S02 purchasers, right?

I have an S01 board built up with no MCK out parts. I'm doing P-Sync with the on-board clock from a Curryman ES9023 board. I built everything else save casing and wiring the dang thing up. Can't wait for the defining moment. I'm waiting until I can get my casing situation worked out. I don't have the proper tools to do a really nice job nor the space to do it. Live in an apt. Anyways... I'm really pumped about these boards and what they might do for my projects.
Old 30th June 2013, 07:54 AM   #730
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterRogers View Post
Hey Guys. Finally got around to dropping in a 302 with a couple of oscillators programmed at 90.x & 98.x. I'm using an Isolator with a 712 dropped in, with an Amanero flashed for slave 22/24. Anyway, PCM works fine, but the 9018 isn't switching to DSD mode. Since the flash is now using the DSD ON pin for external MCLK, I'm not sure how it can :-| What am I missing?
There is a mistake in the App Notes.pdf, pin 7 is unaffected by slave mode and remains DSD_OE after flashing. It is only pin 6 that changes from output to input when slave mode firm is flashed.
I asked him some time ago and this was his answer:

-Sorry but i was a bit tired due to the travel. It's not Pin 7 but Pin 6.
The MCLK actually in output becomes an Input.

Hide this!Advertise here!