• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Amanero Isolator/Reclocker GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have checked the details and a matching interface board with Flex cable connections does not look too difficult. Will roll out with U.FL connectors and 0.1" headers. Connect straight to DACs or via the S03 board

Hi Acko

With an interface board, is there a suitable male ffl connector so that the board could plug straight into a female ffl connector, eliminating a cable run?

In the absence of any standard for which 'pin' serves which data connection it will be specific to the Edel board if you try to use ufl connectors; better to just bring the pins out to a normal pin connection arrangement to be more flexible. If there were standards you coud equip the SO3 board with an ffl connector.

Ray

Last edited:
Yes, these are readily available including the cables so all good to go with the adapter board
Also mulling about adding this type of connector onto the next revision of the S03 board. This will make the interconnects neat and simple- easy as... Thoughts?

Acko, I considered suggesting modifying the SO3 with an FFC connector but abandoned it for the same reason as I don't think the ufl option on the adaptor board will work - the mapping of the pins to make the right connections. If you map the pins for, say, the Edel NMR board outputs they probably won't be correct for different boards should some come along. Of course, if you're only aiming to connect the Edel NMR then it will be possible to use ufl connectors on an adaptor or an FFC socket on a modded SO3.

If you go the adaptor board route I would personally prefer to have it with a male FFC connector (like the one I linked to?) mapped to a 0.1in matrix pin-out header (with just the required number of pins). It would plug into the female FFC socket as a small daughter board so you only need the one set of hook-up wires. Make the pin-out header a DIY option so you could solder the hook-up wires to the PCB pads if you want.

Ray

Last edited:
I'm back to diagnosing my s03 build, but now I have 3.3v at pin 4 of my X1 and 3.03v on pin 3, which is double what it was last time I checked it. Does this mean I've bust it?

I've identified I had some dodgy power and gnd connections to U3 and fixed those now, could this have caused an issue?

thanks,
James

Any idea on this guys?

I am afraid this is not good. You may have to change both the Clock and U3!

Last edited:
"SuperCape" for BBB

Btw, rumour says Acko might coming out a "SuperCape" for BBB! This SuperCape also has UPS with lithium upto 1hr after power shortages, and also has all the I2S/DSD switching capability like the Botic Cape? If the Rumor is true, I definitely be interested and put my name down for it. May be Acko could clarify this Rumor for group buying?

Best,
Chanh

Yes, this is in the works. The concept (as posted earlier) had lain fallow for while to get more ideas but I have now got all the bits and pieces to roll out a board. Yes, it will match the BoticOS interface for I2S/DSD. No plans for a GB as yet. More of build and supply for those who are interested.

A quick preview of an add-on board for BBB that supports UPS

1. UPS kicks in when external power is removed. On-board PWR_MON will continue to power the BBB (~1hr) or options to safely shutdown BBB immediately. Same shutdown action if battery level goes below operational level

2. Automatic boot from SDCARD or internal Flash. No boot button press required.

3. Matching U.FL interfaces and PWR/CKSEL to the S03.

The above features will practically result in a reliable 'hands-free' system that can be tucked away

Last edited:
If you go the adaptor board route I would personally prefer to have it with a male FFC connector (like the one I linked to?) mapped to a 0.1in matrix pin-out header (with just the required number of pins). It would plug into the female FFC socket as a small daughter board so you only need the one set of hook-up wires. Make the pin-out header a DIY option so you could solder the hook-up wires to the PCB pads if you want.
Ray

This looks great!
Will roll out accordingly

Just some further thoughts...

My comment 'with just the required number of pins' is confusing. For a 24way FFC connector there will be 24 header pin pads to facilitate different connection mapping possibilities.

There seem to be different patterns of 24 way FFC connectors and I wouldn't assume the male one I linked to is the right one! I found it with a very quick search.

The FFC connectors I looked at are all, unsurprisingly, smd. Leaving aside my own inadequacies with DIY smd soldering, I'm not sure that the pads will be accessible enough for DIY or were you planning on a pre-mounted connector?

Ray

Just some further thoughts...

My comment 'with just the required number of pins' is confusing. For a 24way FFC connector there will be 24 header pin pads to facilitate different connection mapping possibilities.

There seem to be different patterns of 24 way FFC connectors and I wouldn't assume the male one I linked to is the right one! I found it with a very quick search.

The FFC connectors I looked at are all, unsurprisingly, smd. Leaving aside my own inadequacies with DIY smd soldering, I'm not sure that the pads will be accessible enough for DIY or were you planning on a pre-mounted connector?

Ray

Will sort out the details later.
See preview of this daughter board.
All smd parts mounted

Attachments

• Edel Adapter.png
    Edel Adapter.png
    47.9 KB · Views: 282
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.