Amanero Isolator/Reclocker GB - Page 60 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2013, 04:26 AM   #591
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Brisbane, Australia
bigpandahk,

Are you inputting 5V on J6? Both 3.3V headers are for the DAC side.

Do you have the schematic, it shows J4/J5 connected together. Check with a meter if they're connected ...

Chris
  Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2013, 04:36 AM   #592
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Thanks qusp.

The 5V and the middle 3.3V are the isolated side and either one shall be powered by the DAC.

another 3.3V is from Amanero, am I correct?
  Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2013, 04:38 AM   #593
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by hochopeper View Post
bigpandahk,

Are you inputting 5V on J6? Both 3.3V headers are for the DAC side.

Do you have the schematic, it shows J4/J5 connected together. Check with a meter if they're connected ...

Chris
Oh, both are for DAC side. Thanks hochopeper.

I don't have the schematic, where can I find it?

One more question : I understand the RCLK is for reclock and I will connect it to i570 MCLK. How about for async mode? shall I connect the RCLK to MCLK of the isolator?

Last edited by bigpandahk; 6th May 2013 at 04:42 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2013, 05:08 AM   #594
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpandahk View Post
Oh, both are for DAC side. Thanks hochopeper.

I don't have the schematic, where can I find it?

One more question : I understand the RCLK is for reclock and I will connect it to i570 MCLK. How about for async mode? shall I connect the RCLK to MCLK of the isolator?
Ask Acko for a copy of the schematic ...

I'm not sure what you mean by the last question??
  Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2013, 05:25 AM   #595
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
For re-clocking in sync mode, I will connect the i570-MCLK to the RCLK of the isolator.

If run in Async mode, do I still have to provide clock for the FF? is is just connect the MCLK (I believe it's from Amanero) on the isolator board to the RCLK?
  Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2013, 09:22 PM   #596
RollE2k is offline RollE2k  Sweden
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Regarding CKSEL, i know SPDIF uses recovered clock - but is there any SPDIF-reciever that can output something that can be used as CKSEL?
  Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2013, 11:10 AM   #597
RollE2k is offline RollE2k  Sweden
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollE2k View Post
Regarding CKSEL, i know SPDIF uses recovered clock - but is there any SPDIF-reciever that can output something that can be used as CKSEL?
so i could at least isolate and reclock the signal with 90M/98M XO?
  Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2013, 11:10 AM   #598
DQ828 is offline DQ828  Australia
diyAudio Member
 
DQ828's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Lake Macquarie, East Coast Australia
I know this is a bit OT but I was interested to know what you guys thought was the most appropriated wire gauge for:

1) Signal wire, say from DAC to RCA's etc
2) Hookup wire, say from the isolator to DAC or arduino to other component.
3) Internal Speaker wire say from, Amp to speaker terminals
4) General low voltage say 3.3v to 12v power supply wire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2013, 11:32 AM   #599
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DQ828 View Post
I know this is a bit OT but I was interested to know what you guys thought was the most appropriated wire gauge for:

1) Signal wire, say from DAC to RCA's etc
Wire gauge is probably less significant here than capacitance and signal/return/shield geometry for electric and magnetic field rejection.

22 or 24awg is what I end up using though I guess, though I don't think about that so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQ828 View Post
2) Hookup wire, say from the isolator to DAC or arduino to other component.
If we're talking power lines, whatever is closest, for signal wires, it depends on the signal, for low freq signal like i2c, still whatever is closest and fits in the PCB hole or crimp connector whichever the case may be.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DQ828 View Post
3) Internal Speaker wire say from, Amp to speaker terminals
Depends on speaker efficiency, amp supplying compression driver vs a 4ohm low efficiency midwoofer(s) would probably demand different wire gauge. 14awg would probably cover most practical cases though off the top of my head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQ828 View Post
4) General low voltage say 3.3v to 12v power supply wire.
See 2 above. Unless it is wire for a battery charger, then I'd think about it a bit more since they can have a few amps going down them. For anything less than an amp I don't fuss too much.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2013, 09:42 PM   #600
Mull3t is offline Mull3t  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Gamehendge
I'm curious how to get on a list for a few pcbs. I looked and found a list that I have to be given access to via google. Is this the list?

Thanks,
Mull3t
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DQ DAC 2, BIII SE, Tube-I-Zator, Arduino, Amanero Build DQ828 Digital Line Level 94 28th December 2013 10:29 PM
FS: F5X GB chassis and all GB parts Studley Swap Meet 6 21st May 2013 12:47 PM
Amanero 384 with Kernel Streaming/Wasapi win764bit stamatiski Digital Source 9 18th November 2012 03:23 AM
Conrad Heatsinks GB in GB/EU bremen nacht Parts 1 1st February 2006 09:48 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 03:23 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2