Amanero Isolator/Reclocker GB - Page 52 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th March 2013, 07:24 AM   #511
diyAudio Member

How'd I miss that??

Quick searching effort returns this - Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter

I will add that to the FIFO wiki too for future reference.
Old 29th March 2013, 07:29 AM   #512
diyAudio Member

For future reference of spectators, my post was before your edit :P
Old 29th March 2013, 07:55 AM   #513
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

LMFAO

also to be clear, in addition to the 2ps noise floor, these measures are at the actual output of the clock buffer, not of the si570 itself, so the small jitter added by the potato FF is included. also note the cool speed i'd say the board would need a bit of software hacking to enable higher than 98.304MHz, but its most certainly capable of it
Old 29th March 2013, 08:59 AM   #514
acko is offline acko  Australia
diyAudio Member

Thank Guys, helps a lot! I started to spin of this Clock module because of the 100Mhz limit of Ian module and the re-clocker can take higher speeds. Anyway it is all good to experiment. I will check out Ian's design. Trying to avoid duplication and wasting time... My own DACs have no XO on-board so welcome anything favourable.

Chris, you are right. Confusion with the term Sync can creep in quickly and can be a fine line at times. e.g. if RCK is clocked at 98.304Mhz or 196.608MHz instead (and linked to DAC MCK) then it becomes in "True" sync with some of the higher Sampling Frequencies. So "Pseudo" Sync at other RCK frequencies even if DAC MCK is linked to RCK. Hope this clarifies

Last edited by acko; 29th March 2013 at 09:08 AM.
Old 29th March 2013, 10:21 AM   #515
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
dividing a higher speed clock to get the dac clock will reduce the period jitter of the signal itself, but it will add a small amount from the additional flip flop, I feel pretty sure that this would outweigh any reduction from the division.

Quote:
... in addition to the 2ps noise floor, these measures are at the actual output of the clock buffer, not of the si570 itself, so the small jitter added by the potato FF is included.
I see from Ian's results the additive jitter from the FFs themselves are minimal
Old 29th March 2013, 11:19 AM   #516
diyAudio Member

sure I know, I didnt mean it was significant overall, but its very likely more significant than the reduction by dividing and dividing will only reduce period jitter I would think, not phase jitter. the impact of the FF will depend on which FF and the interconnection/load line I would think. I wonder if we can expect the same performance from a division circuit vs a straight buffer. interesting questions that can only really be answered by measuring

It also relies on you being able to find a 200MHz clock that is lower jitter (close in jitter) than the 50-100MHz clocks that are fairly readily available, i'm not aware of any, the si570 itself will do much more than that though.

Last edited by qusp; 29th March 2013 at 11:22 AM.
Old 29th March 2013, 11:28 AM   #517
diyAudio Member

Quote:
It also relies on you being able to find a 200MHz clock that is lower jitter (close in jitter) than the 50-100MHz clocks that are fairly readily available,
Yes, of course, boils down to intrinsic phase jitter of the XOs mainly
Thanks!
Old 30th March 2013, 08:22 AM   #518
diyAudio Member

let the fun begin! i've mostly finished building up the Ti side, will try it out tomorrow
Old 30th March 2013, 10:08 AM   #519
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acko View Post
e.g. if RCK is clocked at 98.304Mhz or 196.608MHz instead (and linked to DAC MCK) then it becomes in "True" sync with some of the higher Sampling Frequencies. So "Pseudo" Sync at other RCK frequencies even if DAC MCK is linked to RCK.
Correction and apologies! For the AKL-AMN board simply applying 98.304MHz at RCK does not turn it into "True" Sync mode as indicated earlier as the Bit clock from transport is not exactly in sync with RCK. So still PSync.

True Sync mode is only as shown in the App Notes for "Sync Mode" but limited to Fs up to 192KHz due the Amanero Clock limitation at 24.576MHz. Appears that there is a double clock version of Amanero (49.152MHz) available and this should able to take higher Fs

High Fs True sync operation can also be realised if the clock module interacts with the transport such as the AKX701 Turbo Clock and of course Ian's Si570 Clock Module
Old 30th March 2013, 12:41 PM   #520
diyAudio Member

Quote:
LMFAO

also to be clear, in addition to the 2ps noise floor, these measures are at the actual output of the clock buffer, not of the si570 itself, so the small jitter added by the potato FF is included. also note the cool speed i'd say the board would need a bit of software hacking to enable higher than 98.304MHz, but its most certainly capable of it
I just had a peak at my Si570 board .. there are NXP FF on the final production boards.

Hide this!Advertise here!