Amanero Isolator/Reclocker GB - Page 39 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th February 2013, 07:40 AM   #381
diyAudio Member

Can I connect from Amanero Isolator S01 to Ian FIFO board via U.FL like the attached image? .

Thank you .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg connect Amanero Isolator to Ian FIFO.jpg (138.2 KB, 489 views)
Old 20th February 2013, 08:54 AM   #382
diyAudio Member

See attached. I've circled the dots on the pcb drawing that show a through hole connection that you are able to use to take the isolated i2s from before the flipflops. If feeding the i2s to Ian's FIFO this would be the preferred way of connecting IMO. Try your best to have a separate ground connection that corresponds to each i2s signal wire to achieve GSGSGSGS signal arrangement. May mean soldering the ground wire on to the SMD pad for the flip flop.

To take from the u.fl headers you would need to use a 0ohm resistor to jumper from input to output of each of the flip flop ic positions. There is often very little point in using u.fl on the input to Ian's FIFO, on the output I would go out of my way to use u.fl between FIFO and DAC but on the input, not much point IMO with the clock speeds present on the Amanero.

There is probably a 3rd option to reclock based on the amanero clock somehow but that seems unnecessarily complex when using Ian's FIFO.

Cheers,
Chris
Old 20th February 2013, 09:58 AM   #383
acko is offline acko  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default ETA

Quote:
Originally Posted by acko View Post
Panelizing of board is now complete and confirmed for fabrication process. Final boards as in pic. There are now 2 boards S01 and S02 (Pot chip version). However fab guys have now advised shipment from factory in China will be delayed until 22nd Feb due the Lunar New Year holidays. So 2-3 days after that I can start shipping to you all. Hope you could hang in there for a while and sorry for any inconvenience. Let me know if anyone has concerns. In the meantime I will continue with the support.
Hi All,

I am trying to get in touch with the supplier to confirm delivery date for the boards. It has been quite a while and many have also asked me about this. Will keep pressing and as soon as I get some news I will update.
Old 20th February 2013, 02:38 PM   #384
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hochopeper View Post
See attached. I've circled the dots on the pcb drawing that show a through hole connection that you are able to use to take the isolated i2s from before the flipflops. If feeding the i2s to Ian's FIFO this would be the preferred way of connecting IMO. Try your best to have a separate ground connection that corresponds to each i2s signal wire to achieve GSGSGSGS signal arrangement. May mean soldering the ground wire on to the SMD pad for the flip flop.

To take from the u.fl headers you would need to use a 0ohm resistor to jumper from input to output of each of the flip flop ic positions. There is often very little point in using u.fl on the input to Ian's FIFO, on the output I would go out of my way to use u.fl between FIFO and DAC but on the input, not much point IMO with the clock speeds present on the Amanero.

There is probably a 3rd option to reclock based on the amanero clock somehow but that seems unnecessarily complex when using Ian's FIFO.

Cheers,
Chris
Thank you for your help.
At the second choice, why use 0 Ohm resistor?, can I bypass between the input and output IC flip-flops? . I'm confused whether there is a difference when using the 0 Ohm resistor & bypass ?.

Regards ,
Van Duy
Old 22nd February 2013, 03:47 AM   #385
diyAudio Member

Default ETA

Quote:
Originally Posted by acko View Post
Hi All,

I am trying to get in touch with the supplier to confirm delivery date for the boards. It has been quite a while and many have also asked me about this. Will keep pressing and as soon as I get some news I will update.
Boards are all in fab now and expected to be completed by end of next week. Will advise shipping date soon afterwards.
Old 22nd February 2013, 04:03 AM   #386
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvduybom View Post
Thank you for your help.
At the second choice, why use 0 Ohm resistor?, can I bypass between the input and output IC flip-flops? . I'm confused whether there is a difference when using the 0 Ohm resistor & bypass ?.

Regards ,
Van Duy
neater and more consistent impedance, but a solder bridge or piece of flat wire does fine in a pinch
Old 22nd February 2013, 04:13 AM   #387
diyAudio Member

Default Connecting before Ian's FIFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
neater and more consistent impedance, but a solder bridge or piece of flat wire does fine in a pinch
Ordinarily, I will be worried about using a wire link but since the signals go into to Ian's FIFO and gets regenerated anyway, it does not matter much. You could also cut one end of the UFL cable assembly, strip to get the leads and dovetail to the pin pads/header just after the isolator section of the S01 board.

Last edited by acko; 22nd February 2013 at 04:28 AM.
Old 22nd February 2013, 04:27 AM   #388
diyAudio Member

Default Connecting after Ian's FIFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by hochopeper View Post
---
---
Yes, there is no point clocking the Amanero Re-Clocker if connecting to Ian's Fifo unit as the input buffer will wipe out any clock signature. So isolation only if used this way.

But, there could be some benefits if this Re-clocker board is used after Ian's Fifo Re-clocker if the Ref clock used with the Amanero Re-clocker and the Flip-flop action is better than that on Ian's board- again all these are theoretical analysis

Last edited by acko; 22nd February 2013 at 04:31 AM.
Old 22nd February 2013, 05:52 PM   #389
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to merlin2069er
So, how much of the board is assembled? Do I need additional parts for the isolator/reclocker?
Old 22nd February 2013, 08:10 PM   #390
MrSlim is offline MrSlim  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin2069er View Post
So, how much of the board is assembled? Do I need additional parts for the isolator/reclocker?
Acko's original post indicates that it's a bare board(s) and has/will provide a BOM (casually following the thread and can't remember if he already posted it)

Hide this!Advertise here!