Amanero Isolator/Reclocker GB - Page 32 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th January 2013, 02:18 PM   #311
NicMac is offline NicMac  Italy
diyAudio Member

To re-clock before the FIFO?
Old 28th January 2013, 02:34 PM   #312
diyAudio Member

I have not schematic , but name of thread is isolator/reclocker so I think it is reclock before FIFO.
Old 28th January 2013, 02:39 PM   #313
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

why would you do that? sorry acko, i'm sure you'll sell this extra unit, but nvduybom, that would be a waste of time, just get the isolator board option for the fifo and forget this reclocker. it will in that circumstance do nothing more than isolate effectively and provide u.fl outputs (which wont connect to the backdoor), everything else it does is duplicated on the fifo and more.
Old 28th January 2013, 02:54 PM   #314
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Alright then, must have been technical hyperbole all along and caused confusion.
It is the integrated reclocking of the digital signal inside the ES9018 chip. Not hyperbole. The "ASRC" adjusts the incoming clock signals dynamically.
Old 28th January 2013, 03:18 PM   #315
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
why would you do that? sorry acko, i'm sure you'll sell this extra unit, but nvduybom, that would be a waste of time, just get the isolator board option for the fifo and forget this reclocker. it will in that circumstance do nothing more than isolate effectively and provide u.fl outputs (which wont connect to the backdoor), everything else it does is duplicated on the fifo and more.
Thanks qusp, that's what I need.
Old 28th January 2013, 03:29 PM   #316
diyAudio Member

no problem, I think....i'm unsure what you are saying you needed, just the advice I gave, or you needed isolation and ufl connections?

the fifo has an isolator option that provides isolation only and has all the interfacing to work within the fifo system. you cannot use the ufl connectionson this reclocker to connect to the backdoor, as that is a molex type header connector when assembled.

this isolator/reclocker is a very nice, neat, compact and cheaper approximation of some of the fifo functionality with the help of an external MCK, but if you have or are getting the fifo its pretty redundant. but for what it does its excellent and supplies suitable reclocking and the proper output section to get the best from amanero as a direct and unbuffered source.

it was not designed for connecting to fifo, it does not have a fifo of its own, it very specifically supplies a neat isolator and reclocker that connects cleanly to amanero and accepts an external clock input.

Last edited by qusp; 28th January 2013 at 03:31 PM.
Old 29th January 2013, 12:25 AM   #317
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
no problem, I think....i'm unsure what you are saying you needed, just the advice I gave, or you needed isolation and ufl connections?

the fifo has an isolator option that provides isolation only and has all the interfacing to work within the fifo system. you cannot use the ufl connectionson this reclocker to connect to the backdoor, as that is a molex type header connector when assembled.

this isolator/reclocker is a very nice, neat, compact and cheaper approximation of some of the fifo functionality with the help of an external MCK, but if you have or are getting the fifo its pretty redundant. but for what it does its excellent and supplies suitable reclocking and the proper output section to get the best from amanero as a direct and unbuffered source.

it was not designed for connecting to fifo, it does not have a fifo of its own, it very specifically supplies a neat isolator and reclocker that connects cleanly to amanero and accepts an external clock input.
I need the isolator for Amanero connect to Ian SPDIF board (via I2S backdoor) , but first time I DIY DAC kit so ... .
Old 29th January 2013, 01:17 AM   #318
deanoUK is offline deanoUK  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

It appears that the 9018 DAC uses a kind of "statistical" approach to the analysis of the incoming signals.

If we attempt to sync incoming signals to the 9018 MCLK it appears we remove
the "cues" it work with.

Reclocking with 100 MHz Clock H i F i D U I N O
Old 29th January 2013, 01:33 AM   #319
Account disabled at member's request

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanoUK View Post
It appears that the 9018 DAC uses a kind of "statistical" approach to the analysis of the incoming signals.

If we attempt to sync incoming signals to the 9018 MCLK it appears we remove
the "cues" it work with.

Reclocking with 100 MHz Clock H i F i D U I N O
So Russ is saying, for Es9018, re-clocking is at best pointless, and can actually reduce sound quality ? Cancel the group buy ?
Old 29th January 2013, 01:41 AM   #320
diyAudio Member

old ESS news, not a specific TP product feature (i've seen this intriguing presentation long ago). and we are left to decuce that is why there hasnt been any actual development of a dual or synchronous clocking scheme? while the rest of the DIY and quite a lot of commercial ESS dacs have been gravitating towards syncronous clocking schemes for the ESS dac. his stance is that the ESS is perfect as it is, some of us disagree

do remember that the reference clock can be anything, using the onboard buff clock is just a suggested experiment

Hide this!Advertise here!