• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Amanero Isolator/Reclocker GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Acko, just to inform you, I received the isolator boards last week(1 month from sending). I have some ISO7240M from TI samples, can I use it instead of the IL715?

I think we are pretty much done with the Clock module design! Just checking all the layout and getting it ready for fab

Do you have final BOM for the AKX302 module? I will do some ordering so it will be nice to incude clock parts.

Acko, just to inform you, I received the isolator boards last week(1 month from sending). I have some ISO7240M from TI samples, can I use it instead of the IL715?
Glad to hear. Surprised by how airmail travels to certain places these days!

Yes, you can use ISO7240-looks pin compatible

Do you have final BOM for the AKX302 module? I will do some ordering so it will be nice to incude clock parts.
These will be ready by next week. Boards are in fab now and expecting by end of next week

Hi acko ,

I just need the function isolator on S01 board, so I can only solder with minimal components such as PSU, Isolator chip ?.

Thank you

I know I'm late in replying but here goes anyway, my S01 is even more minimalist. Just the isolator chip and two caps, power supply is external (5V from Ian's FIFO, the FIFO input is 5V tolerant).

I will be building up a fully loaded S02 though.

For the feeble minded... would the above be C1/C4/U1 for the minimalist setup?
Exactly, you need to be mindful of what voltage you supply on J3, that is going to be the voltage seen by your DAC (or FIFO in my case).

Also, on post #382, which "see attached" attachment should we refer to? I would like to go with option one listed on that post, just want to check that I understand clearly the connections/location.

Thanks.

Not sure what happened there, here is the image I meant to attach back then:

attachment.php

Hope that helps my previous post make more sense!!

Cheers,
Chris

Exactly, you need to be mindful of what voltage you supply on J3, that is going to be the voltage seen by your DAC (or FIFO in my case).

Not sure what happened there, here is the image I meant to attach back then:

attachment.php

Hope that helps my previous post make more sense!!

Cheers,
Chris
Thanks for the quick reply Chris. It's for Ian's FIFO, so 5v should be ok?

The attachment fails to open for me though!

Thanks for the quick reply Chris. It's for Ian's FIFO, so 5v should be ok?

The attachment fails to open for me though!

Yeah for FIFO 5V is ok, there is a 5V output on the FIFO (J5 on the FIFO pcb) that I use to supply J3 on my the S01.

Not sure what's going on with that attachment, I simply attached it to the post on the forum. It works in one browser here but not others, odd. I will look into it and try again. Until then, if you want just PM me your email address and I can email it to you ...

Chris

Clock board

Acko, i have added myself to your spreadsheet. Shipping for the Clockboard was free if we had ordered the isolator/reclocker before?
Also - could you please post a BOM for the clockboard here?

Ok, noted, thanks!
Boards will be in stock by early next week
Shipping is free for early birds (those on the list) and also for those who have already bought the isolator boards.
BOM and App notes are being finalised for release

Acko: I Just recieved the BOM and everything for the clock board - have you removed the possibility of external regulator like trident on the latest? because i cannot see any pins for it on the board?

Also, this regarding clocks and everything isn't my strongest knowledge - but how does the board know which clock it should switch to? i read about CKSEL which i guess the source can send and tell the board which one to use, but what about sources that doesn't have CKSEL - then only one clock would work, right?

Last edited:
Acko: I Just recieved the BOM and everything for the clock board - have you removed the possibility of external regulator like trident on the latest? because i cannot see any pins for it on the board?

Actually there is provision to mount a 3-Term Reg on board. See circled area.

Also, this regarding clocks and everything isn't my strongest knowledge - but how does the board know which clock it should switch to? i read about CKSEL which i guess the source can send and tell the board which one to use, but what about sources that doesn't have CKSEL - then only one clock would work, right?

CKSEL (Clock select) comes from the transport. Some transports have dedicated outputs for this. For others you will need to tap the CKSEL signals going into their own XOs. More on these later...

Attachments

• AKX302_2.png
    AKX302_2.png
    68.8 KB · Views: 365
Actually there is provision to mount a 3-Term Reg on board. See circled area.

CKSEL (Clock select) comes from the transport. Some transports have dedicated outputs for this. For others you will need to tap the CKSEL signals going into their own XOs. More on these later...

Great i couldn't see the pin holes for external regulator in the PDF, but now i see :)

Can't wait to get the board! :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.