• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Amanero Isolator/Reclocker GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Unfortunately the current batch is all sold out. But you can add your details to the waiting list for the next batch here...

I added myself to the waiting list for the next batch, and I'd like to order one XO board as well. How about putting another column(s) in the waiting list as an option for that? Chance of making one payment to cover both.:) Probably there will be other guys interested in getting both boards too. Thanks.

That comment from Russ was discussed in this thread at the time that it was made. Owen (opc) has said that he will run some tests at some point and reply with actual numbers, any data errors that result from reclocking with the TPA async clock will show quite clearly in that test.

Reclocking with the amanero MCLK or with the TPA async clock are just two of the options that are possible with these boards, refer to the application notes.

Last edited:
I added myself to the waiting list for the next batch, and I'd like to order one XO board as well. How about putting another column(s) in the waiting list as an option for that? Chance of making one payment to cover both.:) Probably there will be other guys interested in getting both boards too. Thanks.

Ok then, list has been Updated... Will sort out shipping options later

Acko; Can I ask what XO you'd use to drive all 9018 frequencies (~>= 100mhz)? I've been doing some reading, and nothing jumps out yet. Any input welcome :)

MisterRogers, could you clarify if you mean to use this clock as MCLK on the 9018 too? I suspect you aren't but just want to be sure.

I have a 200MHz Fox (http://www.foxonline.com/pdfs/FXO_HC73.pdf) loaded into my cart ready to click 'buy' for use on the AKX301. In general I think faster is better for the RCLK in terms of reclocking performance.

Nope, not for MCLK of the 9018.

Cool, I just wanted to be sure that no-one else misconstrues recommendations for fast RCLK as a recommendation for exceeding the DAC chips max MCLK spec.

Yea, I've picked up on your preference for faster clocks; sounds intriguing to me and makes alot of sense. That Fox is exactly the sort of recommendation I was looking for. Keep them coming :)

Since Acko's designed a board that lets us use parts that go fast, it is mighty tempting to go as fast as possible. I just haven't found a faster clock yet at reasonable prices/availability that looks well speced for the job. For $5-10 ea those Fox ones seem pretty decent. The usual suspects didn't appear to be available upwards of 100MHz though when I went looking the other day, if I find others I'll report back here.

I might actually probably grab a 50MHz and a 200MHz of the same clock and see what there is to see, I'm not expecting a huge difference, though as you say, for faster sample rates, the slower clock isn't going to get the job done.

I keep meaning draw up some timing diagrams at some point to help me better visualise the signals being reclocked by the faster RCLK. I haven't had time to do that yet though.

One day I hope to have an ADC that is good enough that it might help me make these decisions.

why not just multiply the dac clock?

Doesn't make sense to reclock with a synthetic clock does it? RCLK jitter is crucial to reclock performance since it is the CLK input on the flip flops.

Prefer clock division to drive DAC MCLK. e.g if RCK is 200MHz then use a /2 to 100MHz clock for DAC.

Something like this... RCK spinning higher means we can take advantage of better stability and jitter performance of XOs. If Pulse Modulation Error is a concern as what GLT indicated then this is minimized with the higher RCK frequency. Also, I am assuming jitter is Freq domain stuff and dividing to get MCK means jitter is reduced?

Attachments

• TSync.png
    TSync.png
    26.7 KB · Views: 325
Last edited:
Something like this... RCK spinning higher mean we can take advantage of better stability and jitter performance of XOs. If Pulse Modulation Error is a concern as what GLT indicated then this is minimized with the higher RCK frequency. Also, I am assuming jitter is Freq domain stuff and dividing it to get MCK means jitter is reduced?

Thanks for this Acko, I follow the logic, seems like a good idea and I'll probably give it a go! I'll see if I can draw some diagrams of the signals in different configurations to improve my understanding, will report here if I find anything interesting.

Looks like a good level of interest in the AKX301 in the spreadsheet too :cool:

Any of the other Australian's got their PotatoChips yet? How long did your chips take to get here from PotSemi?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.