• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Amanero Isolator/Reclocker GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ditto, mine arrived today too thanks mate!! nice little boards, told ya they do a good job there ;) I see you went for the thinner than stock substrate? guys this actually means better decoupling for high frequencies and was very likely a deliberate choice, the PCB still oozes quality. 2 gold plated PCBs for $25 is a sweet deal

Attachments

• ALK-AMN-SXX-photo.png
    ALK-AMN-SXX-photo.png
    193.7 KB · Views: 543
.....if only airmail is chosen, it may be 2 weeks or just over to get to the USA

And then it may sit for another couple weeks at a local post office.:eek: That happened with my Amanero module from Italy. Took 24 days to get it, yet it was arrival stamped by my post office 14 days after it was sent from Italy.

No hurry although the parts are waiting on bench to populate the boards.:D

thats for providing power for the output side ;) you would completely circumvent the isolation functionality by supplying it from the amanero ... you can supply it from a suitable reg on your dac if it has enough load capability, or supply from a separate power source. Either you can supply 5v at the top left corner if you are using the onboard regulator, or supply 3v3 directly to the point you indicated if you have a nicer low noise supply you want to use, but in that case do not install the regulator.

you supply power to the input side from the amanero external power pins and supply the output side from something else. thats the whole point of the isolation, so that the power supply and ground can be separated from the USB

Last edited:
Ext 3.3V supply

Hi Acko ,

On S1, I see external 3.3v supply, it 's power supply for what?. Can I use it for Amanero external power ? .

Van Duy.

As Qusp explained earlier this is to power the output side of the isolator chip U1 and related stages after the isolator only.

Another use for this 3.3V supply is if you plan to use this board with other transports that already have isolators (like WaveIO, EXA2UI ...) then this 3.3V can be used power the output side of those isolators. Of course is used this way there is no need to populate the AKL isolator chips and wire signals directly to the Flip-flop inputs as indicated.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.