Potential 600ohm LCR group buy - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th December 2012, 08:51 PM   #1
Gluca is offline Gluca  Italy
diyAudio Member

Default Potential 600ohm LCR group buy

Gauging interest for 600ohm (pultec clone) LCR RIAA modules. Lundahl has 45mH and 1.8 H chokes on catalog and they are selling for 130euro/pair and you need to add a couple capacitors and few resistors. We can also run a short PCB batch to make things prettier and easier to build. I believe a target price would be 300euro/pair but maybe we can work on that if volumes go up.

Gianluca

Last edited by Gluca; 17th December 2012 at 09:07 PM.
Old 17th December 2012, 08:59 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Isn't life much easier with a 10k LCR?
Old 17th December 2012, 09:07 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

yes it is ... only 10k commercial available module I am aware of is by Silk and it is said to have a roll off at higher freqs. we should be sourcing bigger chokes for a 10k unit but I guess we would be facing the same roll off.
Old 18th December 2012, 12:25 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Noguchi has a reasonably priced 600 ohm set I was considering on my next trip to Japan, but if someone had a line on a good 10k set at a decent price I could be interested.
Old 18th December 2012, 10:28 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Who is noguchi?
Old 18th December 2012, 10:42 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

non te lo diciamo
Old 18th December 2012, 10:55 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Note, Dave Slagle Intactaudio/forum is the LCR-guru. He will tailor LCRs to suit anyones needs.

I have a pair of Lundahls and they have below acceptable tolerances. To be of use they need to be matched. They might have solved the problems now as it was a quite a few years since I bought them. I have a source who, anyway earlier, had matced units to sell.

The Tangos I had earlier had extremely tight tolerances.
Old 18th December 2012, 12:38 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Jacmusic sells matched LL chokes (3% tolerance) and as far as I know a new model is now available. I know about the many discussions on Dave's forum and i am pretty sure his irons would be' bullett proof but not sure that would be a proper andlarge group buy. I need to recheck what's the story with that 7.5k RIAA he was developing
Old 18th December 2012, 01:11 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Hello Gluca,
I guess Jacmusic has some connection with Diyparadiso in Belgium from where I have bought Lundahl. I think Lundahl made the LCRs for Diyparadiso at special order.

Do your really think 3% is good enough? Off course you can optimize with the caps and Rs but I would opt for 1%.
Old 18th December 2012, 01:21 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

I need to run some sims on spice to see how tollerance comes into the game. I never worked hands on a LCR RIAA (thou I've built 2 LC 18 and 24 dB 600ohm xover for my biamped system) but i guess you need to fine tune R and C to get closer to the ideal curve.

Hide this!Advertise here!