diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Group Buys (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group-buys/)
-   -   Potential 600ohm LCR group buy (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group-buys/225905-potential-600ohm-lcr-group-buy.html)

Gluca 17th December 2012 09:51 PM

Potential 600ohm LCR group buy

Gauging interest for 600ohm (pultec clone) LCR RIAA modules. Lundahl has 45mH and 1.8 H chokes on catalog and they are selling for 130euro/pair and you need to add a couple capacitors and few resistors. We can also run a short PCB batch to make things prettier and easier to build. I believe a target price would be 300euro/pair but maybe we can work on that if volumes go up.

Gianluca

analog_sa 17th December 2012 09:59 PM

Isn't life much easier with a 10k LCR?

Gluca 17th December 2012 10:07 PM

yes it is ... only 10k commercial available module I am aware of is by Silk and it is said to have a roll off at higher freqs. we should be sourcing bigger chokes for a 10k unit but I guess we would be facing the same roll off.

d to the g 18th December 2012 01:25 AM

Noguchi has a reasonably priced 600 ohm set I was considering on my next trip to Japan, but if someone had a line on a good 10k set at a decent price I could be interested.

Gluca 18th December 2012 11:28 AM

Who is noguchi?

nicoch58 18th December 2012 11:42 AM

non te lo diciamo :D

revintage 18th December 2012 11:55 AM

Note, Dave Slagle Intactaudio/forum is the LCR-guru. He will tailor LCRs to suit anyones needs.

I have a pair of Lundahls and they have below acceptable tolerances. To be of use they need to be matched. They might have solved the problems now as it was a quite a few years since I bought them. I have a source who, anyway earlier, had matced units to sell.

The Tangos I had earlier had extremely tight tolerances.

Gluca 18th December 2012 01:38 PM

Jacmusic sells matched LL chokes (3% tolerance) and as far as I know a new model is now available. I know about the many discussions on Dave's forum and i am pretty sure his irons would be' bullett proof but not sure that would be a proper andlarge group buy. I need to recheck what's the story with that 7.5k RIAA he was developing

revintage 18th December 2012 02:11 PM

Hello Gluca,
I guess Jacmusic has some connection with Diyparadiso in Belgium from where I have bought Lundahl. I think Lundahl made the LCRs for Diyparadiso at special order.

Do your really think 3% is good enough? Off course you can optimize with the caps and Rs but I would opt for 1%.

Gluca 18th December 2012 02:21 PM

I need to run some sims on spice to see how tollerance comes into the game. I never worked hands on a LCR RIAA (thou I've built 2 LC 18 and 24 dB 600ohm xover for my biamped system) but i guess you need to fine tune R and C to get closer to the ideal curve.