• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Potential 600ohm LCR group buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Gauging interest for 600ohm (pultec clone) LCR RIAA modules. Lundahl has 45mH and 1.8 H chokes on catalog and they are selling for 130euro/pair and you need to add a couple capacitors and few resistors. We can also run a short PCB batch to make things prettier and easier to build. I believe a target price would be 300euro/pair but maybe we can work on that if volumes go up.

Gianluca

Last edited:
Note, Dave Slagle Intactaudio/forum is the LCR-guru. He will tailor LCRs to suit anyones needs.

I have a pair of Lundahls and they have below acceptable tolerances. To be of use they need to be matched. They might have solved the problems now as it was a quite a few years since I bought them. I have a source who, anyway earlier, had matced units to sell.

The Tangos I had earlier had extremely tight tolerances.

Jacmusic sells matched LL chokes (3% tolerance) and as far as I know a new model is now available. I know about the many discussions on Dave's forum and i am pretty sure his irons would be' bullett proof but not sure that would be a proper andlarge group buy. I need to recheck what's the story with that 7.5k RIAA he was developing

Hello Gluca,
I guess Jacmusic has some connection with Diyparadiso in Belgium from where I have bought Lundahl. I think Lundahl made the LCRs for Diyparadiso at special order.

Do your really think 3% is good enough? Off course you can optimize with the caps and Rs but I would opt for 1%.

I need to run some sims on spice to see how tollerance comes into the game. I never worked hands on a LCR RIAA (thou I've built 2 LC 18 and 24 dB 600ohm xover for my biamped system) but i guess you need to fine tune R and C to get closer to the ideal curve.

Guys

for 500$ we can buy the set of 4 chokes (80% nickel with taps for fine tuning) from Dave Slagle to build a 7380ohm RIAA. I will order from him. It is a bit more than LL but the higher impedance, the cores, the 2% taps are worth the extra money imho.

I asked if he could offer a special price for the group buy, i will keep you posted

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.