• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for F6 Convertible Clone boards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
F6 with primrose transfos

just thought I'd show how the primrose transformers look like with the teabags's f6 boards. These are fully potted.

regards.

Attachments

• AF6_2982.jpg
    AF6_2982.jpg
    823.1 KB · Views: 468
  • AF6_2984.jpg
    AF6_2984.jpg
    808.6 KB · Views: 432
  • AF6_2988.jpg
    AF6_2988.jpg
    977.2 KB · Views: 423
  • AF6_2989.jpg
    AF6_2989.jpg
    818.1 KB · Views: 415
Greetings

MLyctic caps: are rated 15 000 uF at 35V. They were sourced from parts cnxn about 2 years ago. unfortunately, they are no longer available. I always try to use them for my high-end builds. They were originally for an F5 but I ended up using 33000 uF to fit the pd psu boards. I like better Teabags psu boards. Alot better quality I find.

Rectifier,: using ixys bridges for the F5 and I am sinking them since they do get hot. Not sure for the mur's although I tried them on the F5 and they did get hot . Sinks may be an overkill.

primrose: rated at 2 x 18v @ 300 vac. they weigh 2.8 Kg according to sumR spec sheet. I get 19.4 V off-load but they should attain 18v with the amps connected. rated at 8.35 A per 18v winding.

note: there's a GB for the primrose currently brought to us by buzzford ( no pun inteneded , thankz buzzford!)

hope this answers everything.

Last edited:
unfortunately, they are no longer available.

Yeah, thought so... the new ones are a bit larger and rated at 40V.

But why two PSU boards? And two transformers? Going fully dual mono?

Also, when you get the chance... can you please let us know the physical dimensions of the transformers? Trying to see if I can cram a fully dual mono in the chassis I have.

Actually, the group-buy is brought to you by buzzforb (not sure what the pun was, but anyway...)
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group-buys/229088-primrose-sumr-audio-toroid-gb.html
But I believe it is ending either this week or next.

Greetings

primrose: rated at 2 x 18v @ 300 vac. they weigh 2.8 Kg according to sumR spec sheet. I get 19.4 V off-load but they should attain 18v with the amps connected. rated at 8.35 A per 18v winding.

note: there's a GB for the primrose currently brought to us by buzzford ( no pun inteneded , thankz buzzford!)

hope this answers everything.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.