• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for F6 Convertible Clone boards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was planning to do "standard build" using +/-24V power rails. My JFETs have IDSS of 7.25mA. If I understand correctly, your build blog advises to use 2x blue LEDs for biasing IRFP240. With the 16N25C the bias will be needed to be reduced quite a bit?

Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
I was planning to do "standard build" using +/-24V power rails. My JFETs have IDSS of 7.25mA. If I understand correctly, your build blog advises to use 2x blue LEDs for biasing IRFP240. With the 16N25C the bias will be needed to be reduced quite a bit?

The LEDs or using Z1 is meant to get enough gate voltage to conduct the MOSFETs. The two LEDS give more voltage than the original 1 blue one used when SemiSouth's were in the circuit.

P2 can set the Bias of the circuit. Here we would want to keep the smaller FETs from exceeding 65c on the die, and no more than 60c on the direct heatsink next to it, and 55c for overall heatsink temp. Generally this will result in lower output into class A, but possibly worth a good listen. Small tweaks seem to be easily heard in the F6, less so for M2 IMO.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.