GB for F6 Convertible Clone boards - Page 34 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th September 2013, 11:16 PM   #331
bk856er is offline bk856er  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk856er View Post
Has anyone written up F6 initial setup notes suitable for a FW newb?
Nobody?

Snagged this today at the local surplus place. Works like a champ!

BK

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 27th September 2013, 01:46 AM   #332
Tea-Bag is offline Tea-Bag  United States
not politcally affiliated
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Nobody?

Snagged this today at the local surplus place. Works like a champ!

BK

Click the image to open in full size.
Advice for a variac. So if you start to feel a buzz even a little, you likely got a short some were, and time to stop!

Make sure to light it up without the outputs in at first, the LEDs should light up and voltage across the 2SK,2SJs.
Salas Boards 2014 #2 Click Here to Sign Up! |F5TC board and power supplies available PM | Hot-Rod DCB1 boards and kits available PM |Mesmerize kits available (no boards)
Old 27th September 2013, 03:17 AM   #333
bk856er is offline bk856er  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea-Bag View Post
Advice for a variac. So if you start to feel a buzz even a little, you likely got a short some were, and time to stop!

Make sure to light it up without the outputs in at first, the LEDs should light up and voltage across the 2SK,2SJs.
Will do. All pots to min values (counter clockwise) including P3/P4 to start off?

BK
Old 27th September 2013, 10:33 AM   #334
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Will do. All pots to min values (counter clockwise) including P3/P4 to start off?

BK
when the outputs are off, this does not matter. They are there to control bias and offset to those outputs. When installed it will latter, but less so with a variac that is really doing the same thing. When installed outputs, make sure DMM is across resistors in power supply to measure the current going to the unit. One does not want it to get out of hand. That could possibly burn a FET.The variac's glory in my opinion is detection of shorts before things go nuclear.
P3/P4 leave at center anyways, as they control the source resistor across outputs. This should only be used to 'tune' sound of setup.
Salas Boards 2014 #2 Click Here to Sign Up! |F5TC board and power supplies available PM | Hot-Rod DCB1 boards and kits available PM |Mesmerize kits available (no boards)
Old 27th September 2013, 04:11 PM   #335
diyAudio Member

Dimkasta,
The lamp is kind of a automatic current limiter, as the current draw increases the lamp glows brighter and the resistance of the filament increases. If the lamp goes to full illumination the circuit is drawing to much current, but the filament resistance has increases enough to save burning any of the components. In most cases if the circuit is fine it will begin to glow as the caps charge up and go back to dim. The variac allows you to slowly rise the voltage and if you are monitoring current draw with an amp meter stop before anything is damaged. The problem with the variac if a circuit is using any constant current sources in the design they do not operate correctly until the voltage comes up. In the Alephs this used to make them throw out a lot of DC offset until close to full voltage is applied. Class A amps tend to draw more current at idle than class AB so the light tends to glow brighter more constantly.

Bill
Old 27th October 2013, 08:01 PM   #336
diyAudio Member

I have got another 9 pair of these boards in stock. Private message me if interested.

Tea
Old 6th November 2013, 01:02 AM   #337
diyAudio Member

Received my boards in VA, they are very nice.

Appreciate all the hard work you put into them.

Thanks,

David
Old 21st November 2013, 06:54 PM   #338
mk57 is offline mk57  United States
diyAudio Member

I finished my first board last night but the led's are not lighting and I have nothing across R14 no FETS installed yet. Is there a list of voltage checks anywhere??
Old 21st November 2013, 07:15 PM   #339
diyAudio Member

are the led's in the right direction? if there is only one, is the other one jumpered?
you can use an diode tester on a DMM and it should light for you.
Old 21st November 2013, 07:26 PM   #340
mk57 is offline mk57  United States
diyAudio Member

I have one on each side and the other jumpered I'am 99.9% positive they are installed correctly. I have 24v on ether side of r14 but 0 across.

Hide this!Advertise here!