• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for F6 Convertible Clone boards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If that shows couple mA of current, then check voltage across Pin1 and 2 of the pot and see if you can vary it. If yu want to be safe, detach transformer. If you have a varying voltage across the pot, then you have a transformer problem. If you dont have varying voltage across the pot, then you have a fried pot.

Always behind. Whole day job thing:D I'll get it up tonight. Good news is that there are no difficult parts so I will be ordering 25 kits this weekend. Will be in Georgia all week, next week, but should be able to ship on return. Only caveat is if someone wants Cinemags as well. May add time. I'll also be closing the toroid GB after I get back, so hopefully we can sum everything up nicely.

Last edited:
Always behind. Whole day job thing:D I'll get it up tonight. Good news is that there are no difficult parts so I will be ordering 25 kits this weekend. Will be in Georgia all week, next week, but should be able to ship on return. Only caveat is if someone wants Cinemags as well. May add time. I'll also be closing the toroid GB after I get back, so hopefully we can sum everything up nicely.

Darn, I think I will need Cinemags....I can wait. Got a long line of F5s waiting to be built :D :eek:

ok..I can't find my camera yet. here is the update today.

I powered up the other channel which still has the buffer and all pots as well as a red and a blue led. it biases up no problem. I then swapped the xformers and same result bias with no issue.

so I am now inclined to think the mosfets might be toast for some reason.

all resistors check out all solder points are good.

with all the messing around with that board it's pretty bad off now...Mike would you have one spare channel you could send me? PM me if you do and we can settle up.

Last edited:
Allright!

So I had a spare pair of IRFP244's and put them in place and powered up the suspect channel.

Voila! apparently when something in the front end blew, likely from the suspect K170/J74s it must have blown at least one of the IRFP240's.

So, I will put a new pair of IRFP240's on order and un-buffer the other channel and see how we do.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.