• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FetZilla groupsbuy 4

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have done extensive listening test on power supply capacitors during last few years and especially with my latest amplifier Lifeforce 100. I tested everything from Nippon KMH, Panasonic THSA, BC components 051 & 056 to Nichicon KG. I found the latest has best overall performance / price ratio. My friend did the same test and he found out the same. He tested also some high price caps and his favorite cap is Mundorf Mlytic, but cost almost 4-5X more than KG or THSA.

As smaller caps go...I found that caps with lowest Z sound worse, thin and anemic. For feedback cap my first weapon of choice is Nichicon KZ Muse, which I like even better than BG STD. On power supply decoupling I have two favorites: Panasonic FC & Nichicon Fine Gold. I personally avoid using Panasonic FM and Rubycon ZL series.:cool:

P.S.:Thanks meanman 1964

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
Im surpriced you hear the caps having this much influence on the sound
I almost tend to think the huge difference you experience could have other reasons

not sure which cap it was, but I was surpriced to read the spec sheet on a famous cap saying 'standard cap', optimal for audio :scratch:

but whatever, its your choice, and not my problem either
weird stuff anyway :clown:

good luck, cheers

Well...the influence on the sound depends on the system. In transparent system you may easier notice the difference than in other. Also some people prefer less distortion, some fall in love in tons of 2 harmonic masking.

My experience with the capacitors will probably may not be equal to someone else. As a EE by education, I was very skeptical at the beginning of my hobby, but during some time, I discover that some things that I hear, do not correspond proportionally to measurement.

I think the circuit design, layout and choice of semiconductors affect 90% on final sound. 10% goes on final tuning, where choice of power supply and input capacitors may have some final touch to the sound as a whole.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.