• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FetZilla groupsbuy 4

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
:cop: meanman1964, is this group buy in any way related to the fetzilla that Hugh Dean organized the group buys for previously?

You have not given any information in this thread other than a link to a spreadsheet. People may be making assumptions about what this is if you don't make it clear.

Tony,
Don't worry ,the reason for not giving a lot of info is because I'm waiting for info myself.Hugh did advice me to offer the same fets as he did but I'm still looking where to buy and for the best price.At this moment I only can give the price of the boards 20 Euro a piece.This groupsbuy is started with the blessing of Hugh and GregH and Mike.People can mail me if they want more info.

:cop: meanman1964, is this group buy in any way related to the fetzilla that Hugh Dean organized the group buys for previously?

You have not given any information in this thread other than a link to a spreadsheet. People may be making assumptions about what this is if you don't make it clear.

Some information about this groupsbuy;
This is a groupsbuy of the same boards Hugh Dean has offered in the privious FetZilla Groupsbuy.I will be offering the same fets like Hugh did and also a component kit.But at this moment I'm still gattering all the info about price and place to order.All this is happening with Hugh Dean,GregH and Mikes approval.

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
are you absolutely certain you know what you are doing ?
for one, it sounds like you don't understand the curcuits ?
maybe not really important
but your posts appears like you don't know very much about the components either
I know, Hugh can guide you, and other members, which is good ofcourse

but it scares me a bit when I read your post asking about the 'limiting voltage' with 2sk170
I suppose it also needs to be specified idss type, etc etc
and now there are more fakes than genuine around
even our most skilled members have had 'issues' with these 'obsolete' jfets

but now you have noticed Greg's Fetzilla project, and 'want to give it a try', have you considered to wait until you have built that one instead ?

are you absolutely certain you know what you are doing ?
for one, it sounds like you don't understand the curcuits ?
maybe not really important
but your posts appears like you don't know very much about the components either
I know, Hugh can guide you, and other members, which is good ofcourse

but it scares me a bit when I read your post asking about the 'limiting voltage' with 2sk170
I suppose it also needs to be specified idss type, etc etc
and now there are more fakes than genuine around
even our most skilled members have had 'issues' with these 'obsolete' jfets

but now you have noticed Greg's Fetzilla project, and 'want to give it a try', have you considered to wait until you have built that one instead ?

I quess you didn't read my comment at the AKSA thread ,I've build the FetZilla myself and it isn't my first amp and also not my first groupsbuy.About question regarding the limiting voltage of the 2SK170 is some people told me when you use this fet the rail voltage may not be higher then 35Vdc.The reason for asking is that I wanted the higher power version of the FetZilla so higher rail power etc
The reason for the groupsbuy is several people has heard my FetZilla and want to build this amp but there are no boards left so the rest you know.

Last edited:
@tinitus: I've auditioned the Fetzillas meanman1964 build. This was a very positive experience. His amp is well build and sounds excellent. If he orders the same components he used himself, when offering a kit, I expect customers will be quite happy.
I think we should be a little patient with him. He's assembling the kit so it will be the best deal for everyone involved.

@meanman1964: Maybe you could give some updates about the components you are looking at. For instance the FETs. Other DIYaudio members might have good/bad experiences with certain suppliers. There are fakes out there, for which you can't trust the specifications supplied in the datasheet.

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
About question regarding the limiting voltage of the 2SK170 is some people told me when you use this fet the rail voltage may not be higher then 35Vdc

in any case, you cant just change the voltage to raise the output anyway
and either way, I expect any GB would have serious problems with this jfet
(not that I understand the choice of a single jfet input either)

@tinitus: I've auditioned the Fetzillas meanman1964 build. This was a very positive experience. His amp is well build and sounds excellent. If he orders the same components he used himself, when offering a kit, I expect customers will be quite happy.
I think we should be a little patient with him. He's assembling the kit so it will be the best deal for everyone involved.

@meanman1964: Maybe you could give some updates about the components you are looking at. For instance the FETs. Other DIYaudio members might have good/bad experiences with certain suppliers. There are fakes out there, for which you can't trust the specifications supplied in the datasheet.

rho,
For the 2SK170 fets I've a trusted supplier he is also a member here.For the Supertex DN2530 and Zetex ZVP2110G Hugh advised Digikey or mouser.
At this moment I can get my hands on 46 Nichicon KG Gold 4700µF/50V if anyone want 8 caps for the FetZilla let me know.Price at this state is 4 Euro a piece

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.