Custom 11nF / 32nF V-CAP Cu-TFT - Page 9 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th December 2012, 09:05 AM   #81
diyAudio Member

I asj, because i subjectively prefer the SIO to the Mundorf SGIO. What do you think og SIO Stephanoo in comparison to CUTF.
Old 9th December 2012, 12:02 PM   #82
JBdV is offline JBdV  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

I am in for one stereo set, hope this helps getting beyond the barrier ;-)
Old 9th December 2012, 02:16 PM   #83
diyAudio Member

Stefanoo,

Count me in for one stereo set. I have used V-Caps for several years now and agree with you and others on their excellent performance.
Old 9th December 2012, 11:59 PM   #84
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzforb View Post
I asj, because i subjectively prefer the SIO to the Mundorf SGIO. What do you think og SIO Stephanoo in comparison to CUTF.
SIO are indeed very fine capacitors.
I found their presentation to be very smooth and yet pretty detailed.
For their price I think they are pretty worth their money If you are looking specifically for a specific sonic signature.
However the CuTFT they keep the body of the SIO but they add extension to the top and articulation to the bottom.
The music flows much easier and with more power.
Plus they are much more neutral letting you enjoy more what was recorded on the master.
Obviously the premium vcap is more expensive but you get what you pay for in this case.
Hope this helps.
Old 10th December 2012, 12:00 AM   #85
diyAudio Member

Tank you very much guys for the participation.
I will update me list and post it tomorrow. I thin we are close but still haven't met the 50 pieces.
Plus I really hope that no one else will back up from thus GP.
Old 10th December 2012, 04:06 AM   #86
diyAudio Member

Sorry to butt in here where I have no business, but perhaps I can contribute something to the discussion.

I have used the Mundorf SIO cap in line level circuit and speaker xover. To my ears and in my system, they are excellent for tweeter xover only, perhaps midrange. They provide exquisite detail and layering of high frequencies, but bass is deficient. They are not so good at producing low frequencies, but they might be the best at high frequencies.

Now I am using film/foil caps with copper foil for amp input DC blocking, and they are the best of all I have heard. They are not CuTf, but copper foil and polypro made in Europe, not distributed in USA. They are superb at everything: detail, smoothness, depth, spaciousness, tonality, bass, midrange, highs, blah blah blah. I can imagine that with teflon instead of polypro, sound will be slightly smoother, perhaps even more resolving yet not brighter. You guys who can afford it should participate in this group buy. If I had the money, I would. Better caps can transform a good system to a great one. Copper foil is the best you can get, and worth every penny.

Peace,
Tom E
Old 10th December 2012, 10:06 AM   #87
carolus is offline carolus  Belgium
diyAudio Member

Hi Stefanoo,
I confirm, count me in for one stereo set.
Allez, salukes.
Karel
Old 10th December 2012, 03:50 PM   #88
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madisonears View Post
Sorry to butt in here where I have no business, but perhaps I can contribute something to the discussion.

I have used the Mundorf SIO cap in line level circuit and speaker xover. To my ears and in my system, they are excellent for tweeter xover only, perhaps midrange. They provide exquisite detail and layering of high frequencies, but bass is deficient. They are not so good at producing low frequencies, but they might be the best at high frequencies.

Now I am using film/foil caps with copper foil for amp input DC blocking, and they are the best of all I have heard. They are not CuTf, but copper foil and polypro made in Europe, not distributed in USA. They are superb at everything: detail, smoothness, depth, spaciousness, tonality, bass, midrange, highs, blah blah blah. I can imagine that with teflon instead of polypro, sound will be slightly smoother, perhaps even more resolving yet not brighter. You guys who can afford it should participate in this group buy. If I had the money, I would. Better caps can transform a good system to a great one. Copper foil is the best you can get, and worth every penny.

Peace,
Tom E
I fully agree with you about the SIO and the copper foil mixed with Teflon.
Thanks for your comment.
Old 10th December 2012, 06:26 PM   #89
diyAudio Member

ok,

here we are....really close.....however some of the users haven't confirmed yet so we could have bad surprise at the end.
The plan is: when we hit 50 I will close the Groupbuy, send the request to V-Cap and he will open up a link to prepay and that will be the moment of the truth to see whether everybody will pull through with this or not.

Please check the list and let me know if I missed something.

Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip List.zip (7.6 KB, 19 views)
Old 10th December 2012, 06:56 PM   #90
diyAudio Member

Hi Stefanoo,

I'd like to confirm for getting two sets.

Thanks.

Hide this!Advertise here!