• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Custom 11nF / 32nF V-CAP Cu-TFT

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sorry i meant how did you hook them up in the final working paradise? Are you just including them in the on-board riaa or using an external riaa daughter board?

Btw for breaking them in it seems elaborate to build inverse riaa etc. Why not just hook up a music source and play (either with volume of the preamp all the way down or accept it sounds a bit odd)

I don't use Paradise board, but I think you can just solder in, just make sure green lead goes to lower impedance point.
Well you can break them in like that, but keep in mind that by doing that you will have little if no highs going through the caps while distortion for mids lows.
I don't really see a problem, but I prefer to break them in with real levels, just my preference and doesn't mean it won't work the other way.

Just had 3 hours on running the R3 with V-caps and my initial impression was very impressive. Tonally-more natural, more dimensional , and even more details. My original R3 was relaxed, nice and laidback . Now it is more exciting to listen to, instrument timber rendered wow. There was times i was quickly off my feet to check to make sure nothing loose but it was the finger guitar riffed noise that was playing- Diana Krall Live in PaRIS:D.

Just had 3 hours on running the R3 with V-caps and my initial impression was very impressive. Tonally-more natural, more dimensional , and even more details. My original R3 was relaxed, nice and laidback . Now it is more exciting to listen to, instrument timber rendered wow. There was times i was quickly off my feet to check to make sure nothing loose but it was the finger guitar riffed noise that was playing- Diana Krall Live in PaRIS:D.

What did you replace?

Hello Guys,

i received my caps finally! :D

But i have to go to customs clearance!!! :confused: grrrr...
This guys told me "no bill outside or other description".
I have to show the original paper (bill)...and now: i have to pay the tax for stuff and shipping! 37,13€!!! :eek: :whacko:

After this hold the parcel in my hands and cant belive it: all of the lost description and "price" include the marking "gift" are on it.
AHXpokSKE5tQTrB0mDDHQxeBppQY+aLKjBwZLwZIkDRiyZEHtVoBSJALQKU8EcAAGKMGQKdMukRs8mMoAIJTsRYE0AIoTSJdIGABGArgAiIItIgCAJIhyBqlKlzV4aE0zhRIh1adWWElgNcAi+jQKPTkj0BdIeA4wmTpgyhCMA6c1aXhjhsiM1ANqUKGS6MdYWbpslAEwAY7ADyRiKEHgAEDAKhkQXMFAIEWABQ1aBLF8h4APSqAssXk0ZtAFAQIwABlko1BDn7gSaKjjQk+shigSDUAhxBBKaTo+jSqhosAZQoUKBXgFgdNYs6euNSHBa4SCnJEYuWF0dyzPl4hBtlyQ+7cgAA7

I receive a "gift" and pay for it on customs clearance!
German administration is fuc... bullsh...!!! :mad:
They lie for money (see my 3. phrase).
I think i spider :( (geman saying).

BUT: Cool Stuff from VH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so long...

Last edited:
Hello Guys,

i received my caps finally! :D

But i have to go to customs clearance!!! :confused: grrrr...
This guys told me "no bill outside or other description".
I have to show the original paper (bill)...and now: i have to pay the tax for stuff and shipping! 37,13€!!! :eek: :whacko:

After this hold the parcel in my hands and cant belive it: all of the lost description and "price" include the marking "gift" are on it.
AHXpokSKE5tQTrB0mDDHQxeBppQY+aLKjBwZLwZIkDRiyZEHtVoBSJALQKU8EcAAGKMGQKdMukRs8mMoAIJTsRYE0AIoTSJdIGABGArgAiIItIgCAJIhyBqlKlzV4aE0zhRIh1adWWElgNcAi+jQKPTkj0BdIeA4wmTpgyhCMA6c1aXhjhsiM1ANqUKGS6MdYWbpslAEwAY7ADyRiKEHgAEDAKhkQXMFAIEWABQ1aBLF8h4APSqAssXk0ZtAFAQIwABlko1BDn7gSaKjjQk+shigSDUAhxBBKaTo+jSqhosAZQoUKBXgFgdNYs6euNSHBa4SCnJEYuWF0dyzPl4hBtlyQ+7cgAA7

I receive a "gift" and pay for it on customs clearance!
German administration is fuc... bullsh...!!! :mad:
They lie for money (see my 3. phrase).
I think i spider :( (geman saying).

BUT: Cool Stuff from VH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so long...

Please keep me updated as how they sound on your system

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.